Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3
paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Irish 9-Ball Masters:
Date: June 01, 2006 10:02AM
No point talking about players who arent intested in playing!!! The players that win tournaments deserve to because they put the hard work in on the practice table!!!!

u dont see me, gareth,steve kovacs or pat holtz having a go at you when u win a tournament in club 9 saying well the tournament would have been better if we had of turned up!!!!!

that aint a winners style is it willie?????

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2006 10:15AM
I will in July, when I play in the All Irelands and also, I have mentioned that in my last post that I wasn't being disrespecvtful to any players, I was stating a point of view, which as a player and a person, I'm very much entitled too.

Read my post again and you'll notice that I had stated that I was not taking anything away from any players or disrespecting them in anyway Fred, and no I will not retract my post because as I said, I am entitled to state a point of view and another thing!... I didn't so much as mention that all the player were bad or that they couldn't play, because as I said, all players can play, but what I'm saying is that there are players who are still capable of beating everyone, who aren't playing, 1 of which is unable to play and the other, hasn't really found a good reason to go to a tour event.

I will say though that I'm only playing the All Irelands this year and then I'll be playing on tour next year onwards and we'll see how it really goes and who is at the top and who isn't.

Instead of trying to make what I said sound alot worse and different to what I said, try reading my post again, then come back with a more decent reply and I'm meaning this in a nice way.

Later.

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2006 10:24AM
You do realise that I'm winding you up don't you?^_^ LMAO

I don't believe that you guys bit at that one^_^ LMAO, Gotcha ROFLMAO

I just love a good wind up^_^ he he he

I'm sorry guys, but I couldn't resist^_^ lol, I have a great respect for all the players as you guys should know by now^_^, I have spent alot of years in this game to not know that to win a tournament, is a good achievement and yes I know that the standard is much better and it's great that the standard is getting much better and long may it continue^_^

Take care everyone^_^

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2006 11:08AM
Yes Willie

I read it again but I always find it hard to get my head round your posts with all the contradictions!!!!!!! smiling smiley

Hope you are keeping well.

Fred.

Fred Dinsmore

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2006 11:14AM
sure ya where willie!!!!!!!!!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 01, 2006 07:59PM
Fair enough buddy^_^ lol

Anyways, what's cookin in Canada Paddy?^_^, have you been able to play any more tournaments or are you back home again^_^

I had to make the wind up look good, in order to reel you guys and and I got you all good^_^ lol, but don't worry though about being had because I have gotten alot of my friends in the USA, the very same way and to hear and read some of their reactions is seriously hilarious^_^ LMAO

I can't stop laughing^_^ LMAO

Take care everyone and I'll catch you all soon^_^

Willie

P.S. I'm still gonna beat you Paddy when you get back^_^, I've been to Vision Express tongue sticking out smiley lol

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2006 01:15AM
Willie, i cant for one moment believe that was a wind up. I think you posted on the spur off the momment and sparked a debate/argument which you cant back up Buddy. You mention players who dont go to tournaments, that's like saying 'i could have been a doctor, but i just didn't go to University'

I dont know Pat but he's a IPT ticket holder and plays full time so you've no chance against him!! Paddy is obviously playing out of his skin and i dont think Stevie Kovacs would have won 2 the tournaments if Paddy was here (personal opinion guys, please correct me if he was at oneof them).

Why not set up some action between yourself and Steve Kovacs. I'd say he is the weaker of the three (no offense Stevie my friend) and if you beat him then you can challenge Paddy.

Willie, you're a Buddy and can do some weird and wonderful things on the table but i think Kovacs would beat you and that would be your argument out the window!!??

What do you reckon?

All comments welcome on this subject folks.

Hud

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2006 03:10AM
It was in fact a wind up, it just goes to show that alot of you still don't really know me as a person yet and you all have alot to learn^_^

I'll play Kovaks anytime, anywhere^_^, the same as I'll play Paddy anytime, anywhere because I do know that they are good players, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm better and I know it^_^

I really wish though that alot of you guys would lighten up and not start crying your eyes out of a little ol' wind up^_^ lol

If Kovaks is willing to play me, then hell yeah, he's gotta game, but I will say that he should bring all his cash with him and not just pocket money^_^

Another thing, I know that Pat is a great player, I have had the honour of playing him a few years ago in the Scottish Champs, in which he beat me 7-5, which it was an enjoyable match the entire way through^_^ and Pat knows himself that I have alot of respect for him as a player and as a friend^_^

All I say to Kovaks or Paddy is "Bring it on!"^_^

Later^_^

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2006 04:22AM
Willie,

So if it was a wind-up, I presume you now believe the player you mentioned in a previous post, WAS given and still has a fair opportunity to play on the tour. And that he isn't as good as Paddy or Kovacs (note the spelling) and the best players in Ireland are winning the Tour events. Correct? Or was it one of these 'wind-ups' were you believe everything you wrote?

Wind-up or not, I think you have the misconception that the standard of play on the tour is the same as it was when you last played on it. I can assure you it has risen and Steve Kovacs is a great example of that. Last year he was good, but since the start of 2006 I would rate him as a step above the rest. Pat is a true pro and is deservedly on the IPT, and no-one needs to be reminded about how strong Paddy shoots.

From my experience of the Tour, the Tour is open to everyone and welcomes everyone. Its also my experience that there are a handful of talented players out there who don't play on the tour. But the various reasons people have for not playing on the tour (and I've heard them all believe me), are excuses, nothing more. They are devices people use to comfort and shield themselves from the reality that if they play in the All Ireland Championships, they will loose, and probably badly.

People on this forum do 'lighten up' but no serious pool player will ever take criticism of their ability lightly. You should not base your opinion about players' current form on what you saw last year or how you played against them a long time ago.

This is not a personal attack on you Willie. I think your posts raised some interesting points, most I wouldn't agree with, but I think you should either stand by what you wrote or retract it based on what you've read since. Calling it a wind-up does an injustice to yourself and anyone agreeing with you, and is a rather wimpy way out.

I look forward to playing you at the next event (as I'm sure does everyone else mentioned in this thread) smiling smiley

Your mate,

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2006 04:22AM
Laughing my ass off (LMFAO even) !! Willie, if you're gonna play Paddy im gonna ring Crimestoppers and tell them you done the Northern Bank job cuz you must have £££££ and €€€€€ to donate.

I could think of a few more needy charities!!!

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 02, 2006 09:42PM
willie u know im back june 8th!!!!!! lol

hope ur well hud and send my regards to everyone in club 9

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: June 03, 2006 03:52PM
Willie

I haven't spoken to Steve but if he's up for it I'll put up €1000 to see him kick your ass! He's in Sligo, you're in Belfast, so I'll pay your train fares to come to Dublin and meet half way. Race to 25 racks, winner breaks. If you wanna put your money where your big mouth is let me know!

Joey

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 07:24AM
i will play steve for 1000!!!!!

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 09:06AM
I can't help say that I'm very tempted to play Kovaks^_^, but I'm gonna correct you Joey and that is, I'm in Bangor, not Belfast^_^ lol,

I wasn't aware of when you are due back Paddy and it's great that you're coming back so soon^_^, it's great that there are some players around after all and the best thing is, alot of you were wondering why the forum was so quiet for a while and here I am, I start posting a wind up and I manage to get alot of people posting again^_^ lol

I'm going to ask you all 1 simple question and I want an honest answer, no BS!

How many of you have the balls to go to a Club 9 event?^_^

Post your answer, then I'll say why I'm asking^_^

Take care everyone^_^

Willie

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 09:46AM
LMAO Cheer Hud^_^ lol, I forgot to put my reply for you in my last post^_^ lol

Also Gareth, in reply to your post, I understand what you're sayng and yes my posts were actually both serious and a wind up as well, but some of the points I made in them, have more ground than you may think, for example, in all honesty, exactly how many players from the entire tour roster, are regular competitors or that actually turn up to play?... I know that was one of the regular players untill last March, but I will be returning to the tour at the start of next year as I have found work again^_^, which I'm actually looking forward to touring again^_^

Now, I'm asking the above Question to you Gareth, not anyone else, not even Ronnie, just you because I know that you're a fair person^_^

On another note and this is Gareth & Everyone else and I'm going to say this again 1 last time, I have a lot of respect for Pat as I have said before, that he is a great player and when he wins a tournament, it's something that you would expect from him because you know that he can really play, he wouldn't be on the IPT if he couldn't play and in fact, I was really chuffed when I heard about him getting a spot because his ability has certainly deservedly earned him that spot^_^

Now on the note of playing Kovaks, Yes he is a good player and yes I would actually play him, but when I remember something about last year, I just remember why I'm not gonna play him and for a good reason.

Paddy, whe you get back, give me a shout^_^, I have an idea or 2 that you might just be very interested in^_^

Take care everyone^_^

Willie

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 09:52AM
what are u saying willie???

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 11:20AM
Willie my friend more contradictions, you shouldnt say you "would love to play and beat" anybody "anytime anywhere" and then decline an opportunity like that, if you believe what you said earlier u should prove it, and like others who posted in this thread, I having read other posts from you throughout this forum very much doubt your comments were a "wind up" as you put it.

I would however have a certain amount of symathy for you now as I think that you have backed yourself into a corner with certain players, that you have criticised, whether you realise it or accept i or not, which I think was a bad move if you are thinking of playing on the tour again, thats why I felt and still feel a retraction was and is necessary, and indeed prudent.

Fred

PS: And before you tell me to read what you said again, I have done several times, and still find it hard to believe you criticised players in such a way, how can "embarressing to see the players who are winning tour events" not be disrespectful to the players involved.

Anyway this will be my last post on this issue but it did make me angry and I wasnt even one of the players in question, (I havent even won a tour event yet (apart from the Cork Flyer) what does that say for my standard)!!!!! smiling smiley

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 02:30PM
Willie, you put this challenge up on the thread:

"I'll play Kovaks anytime, anywhere...If Kovaks is willing to play me, then hell yeah, he's gotta game, but I will say that he should bring all his cash with him and not just pocket money"

Either play the man, as you challenged, or withdraw it... its not rocket science, so do so quickly. If you cannot find a backer, then that should tell you something, and you should withdraw your challenge. Don't start implying rumours about a player because you have neither the balls nor the money to back up your own challenge. Willie, I can hold the money, if that’s the problem, or ref the match if that’s an issue. Either play him or withdraw your challenge.

If you withdraw your challenge then all the comments you have made about Steve have no basis, and I want to see an apology on this thread. If you want to trash talk someone's game, you got to back it up. I can't allow comments that are verging on libel on this Forum.

Regarding your question about regular players on the tour, as you probably know, I've entered more ranking events than any other player (hey it helps my ranking smiling smiley ). There are 174 players that have scored points on the current tour. I recently played on two U.S. tours (one amateur, one pro) and attendances on the Irish tour compare favourably to events there. I think a major factor in the Tour maintaining and growing its attendance has been starting their events on time, and early in the day.

Anyone who wants to see who plays regularly on the tour can click on the following link [irelands9balltour.com]. (Keep in mind only the top 32 in each event gets points, so a 'blank' doesn't necessarily mean they didn't play.)

In relation to Club-9, why do you think someone needs "balls" to go there? I always found it a nice place. I think Sam, Joe and Joe Snr are sound guys. The tables are good and there is lots of space, which I like at tourneys. I also like Double-Elimination. Like I said above, I do most tour events, and travel to the states every few months, which doesn't leave a lot of time for other tournaments. I was hoping to go up to Club-9 last month (and last year) for your straight pool event, but I'm still waiting.

So your posts have gone from 'serious' to 'wind-up' to 'both serious and a wind up'. Face it they were just plain WRONG! Here's a few facts:
You will not find any event in Ireland that has the same depth of talent than the Tour has. The Tour welcomes everyone and anyone. You have never made it past the quarter-finals in the current tour.

Either play Kovacs or apologise. Its time to 'walk the talk'.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 08:12PM
i just think willie is full of it and i will play him in any club in ireland!!!! i aint guna sit and listen to him wind up the tours best players!!!!

the players that have won ranking events this year dont have to prove themselves at all!!!!!

i personally think that the standard on the tour is really good and the last time u played on the tour willie was when???

i think that steve kovacs is one of the best players in ireland if not the best all round!!!!

willie u cant put your money or u so called talent where your mouth is and u keep talking about challenge matches but in honesty u fail to follow through with your comments!!!!!!!!!

either put up or shut your mouth!!!!!

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: June 04, 2006 10:38PM
Joey,

I've been in contact with Steve Kovacs and he is willing to play me. He said Enniskillen, but you've suggested Dublin which would be better for me.( I dont drive).

Are you willing to stake Steve against anybody or just Willie?

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here