Goto Page:Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Willie
(IP Logged)

Re: Irish 9-Ball Masters:
Date: June 05, 2006 05:50AM
Ok, 1st to you Gareth, I am not gonna play a money match with kovaks for a good reason and it is a reason, that I will not be posting on this or any forum and I know that someone else who has posted on this thread and forum, knows exactly what I mean and again, I'm not saying any more on this and so, it is for this reason, that I'm not going to play him, yes I can beat him, but I'm not going to play him and so I will withdraw my challenge based on that reason, but I'm not taking back saying that I can beat Steve because, as I said, he is a good player, but he is beatable, just like any other player including myself^_^, that is my entire point.

And also Gareth, you still didn't answer my Question, I asked you how many players show up at each tour event?... is it 10+, 20+, 30+, 40+, what?... I didn't ask you what the difference was between the tournout for players between Ireland and the US because I know that in the US, most turnouts are pretty big^_^

To Answer your Question about why players would need the balls to come and play in club 9, is because as you have said, the tables are great, there's plenty of space to move between the tables, and it's totally a player's room, but seemedly when it comes to any tournaments at club 9, no-one from the tour seems to be able to come and play, I can understand in your case Gareth as you have mentioned before that you are back and forth to the US every few months, after all it's part of your job with Platinum and good on ya for it^_^, but there are many other tour players, who can travel to Club 9 events and have done and so before, but they seem to have lost their sense of direction or something because they can't seem to find the room... my point is, Club 9 events were started for ALL players, not just the players in the club and I can't understand why it is that players are being given the oppertunity to play on the best tables that you can get, Brunswick GC4's with simmonis 860 cloth and the tables are cleaned and prepared for the tournament and free table time to practice before the event and yet, none of the tour players show up, I personally would've thought that alot of the tour players would like to play in a room like that^_^, after all, it is for all the players that the effort is put in at Club 9 and I can't understand why so many tour players are missing out and oppertunities to play in good tournaments because they are for everyone, just the same as Irish Tour Events^_^

Paddy, you are a damn good player, there's no doubt about that and you have achieved quite alot in the past few years, which I know that you have worked hard for, which I am proud of because I am glad to see, but you have still got alot to learn about pool, half of which that not even you can begin to come close too, but I would like to see you become much better than you are because you have alot more potential that even you may know of and I don't know if you want to bring that potential out or not, that is only something that you can decide, but If you do want to bring that potential out, then let me know.

I personally would like to see every player, play in every event, after all isn't that what being a pool player is all about?... Now, I'm looking forward to playing in the All Irelands, just for the sake of playing, I don't care how I do, but I will still give it my best shot and if it's not good enough, then I'll just have to try harder next time^_^, but I will say that I will be putting the table time in and I will be coming to shoot some serious pool and I hope that every match I play will be a good match, regardless of who my opponent is^_^

On the note of the 14-1 tournament as you mentioned earlier Gareth, yes, I do intend to hold the event and yes, it will be a professionally run event and yes it will be open, just like any other event, but untill I find that there are enough players that are actually interested in turning up to play, then it will be put on hold till then, even though I have a few players from Scotland that would like to play in it and their spots are secured, the same as I have a spot secured for you Gareth as I know that you would like to play^_^, but untill I get a series of replies from players, who are actually wanting to turn up to play in the tournament, then there won't be any tournament or dates set.

In Reply to you Fred, you're not being given a fair chance to compete in more tournaments because of the lack of accessability for you to get to the room to play, if anything you are a great player, I knew this the first time I saw you play against Paddy in the Dublin INvitational a few years back and you and Paddy both played a great final, but I do know that you had a hell of a hard time getting into the room and out again and there should be facilities that should permit you to access a pool room without any trouble or awkwardness, the fact that you've been crowned European Champion more than once and World Champion, should be something that is looked up to and the fact that so many room don't have the facilities for wheelchairs as they should, I find it seriously unfair that a great player as yourself, should have to miss out on any tournaments at all.

I stand to correct you Gareth on you "Fact" about me not getting past a 1/4 finals because if you check up the tour records, the year that the current tour 3 year rankings started, in the Derry 8-Ball open, which was the first event of the year, it was myself and Sammy Gibson that were in the final, in which I got spanked 9-1, but I didn't worry because it was great because, I didn't care about being in the final or not, I was there to shoot pool.

Now on the remark of when I said, "it's embarressing to see the players who are winning tour events", that was something that I was actually directing towards myself, but as I expected of you all, you took it completely out of context and decided to jump on my coat tails because you all thought that I was having a go, that comment, was something that I was thinking of out loud from dissappointment because of how the past year or so has been and how many tournaments and oppertunities that I have missed out on, through no fault of my own, but that it's just how life is, but it is embarrassing for me because I would much rather be out there playing, rather than coming in here and reading about how everyone else did and who won this or who lost that because I've been unable to get to a tournament, so of all things Fred, you should actually know where I'm coming from, in terms or having to miss out on tournaments, when you would rather play.

Before you jump on my coat tails, try jumping on your own first!

Later.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: June 05, 2006 07:10AM
willie help me get my potential out please???? lmao

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: June 05, 2006 10:22AM
Hud mate, sorry I'm not in the habit of betting on unknown quantities. I have never seen you play as far as I know, and I'm not actively seeking a bet.

That was a once-off offer that was borne in part from annoyance at what I thought were some outrageous comments from the The Wizard, but also because of his challenge to play anytime, anywhere. More importantly I've seen a little of Willie play and while he's undoubtedly very good I felt Steve would win.

So in summary, sorry but I'm not really looking for any action, just saw that one opportunity that couldn't be missed.

All the best mate

Joey

dean largey
(IP Logged)

Date: June 06, 2006 11:07PM
will youse all stop yapping and put ur money were your mouth is....

its no good writing to each other and saying all this. its wen ur playing that counts.

watch out 4 me on june 10th lol

thedean
(IP Logged)

Date: June 07, 2006 12:07AM
I'm baaaaaaack !!!!

In response to your last post Willie, I think its pathetic that you refuse to play kovacs.

With all your stupid posturing and boasting its hard to tell if your serious or not.

I think you should rephrase what you said about playing anyone anytime anywhere for money ,and add except Kovacs (btw I'm only paraphrasing so dont send another reply explaining that you never said that)

Be a man and except the Snakes challenge and try and regain what little dignity and respect you still have.

As for having a dig at players who dont play at CLub9 and slaggin Paddy
that age old excuse of "I'm only joking and I'm only winding you up" is as old as the hills, do you really think that people buy that sh*t anymore ?

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 07, 2006 02:04AM
I think this thread has run its course so I'll just briefly answer Willie's points, then adjourn.

Willie, you've withdrawn your challenge...good. From now on, anyone posting, please have the intention of backing up your opinion on the table. Its not a playground, and I'll probably end up deleting posts like this in future.

As you know, I donít run the tour, so I donít keep an average of the players attending tournaments, even I'm not that anally retentive. I wasn't trying to evade your question so if its any use to you, the All Ireland 9-Ball had 70+ and the last tour event (Newry) had 46 I think. (And my comparison with America was based on the amateur tour event having 26 and the two pro events 66 and 62 respectively)

Willie, as you like to split hairs, your 8-Ball final was a non-ranking event.........sorry I missed that. So I'll rephrase 'You have never made it passed the quarters in a Ranking event in the current tour'. But that may change when you get playing on the tour again, and I hope you will convince anyone in Club9 who doesn't play on the tour to make the effort. I'm sure they will enjoy it.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 07, 2006 04:49AM
here here!!!!!

Chris the master cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: June 07, 2006 09:02AM
No comment! Wud ya play me for £1000 Willy?

Im the Harry Potter.....Im magic!

BILLY G
(IP Logged)

Date: June 08, 2006 01:13PM
My point is willy does not speak for anybody at club 9.
he's a good guy but a bit nuts lol.
Me dan gerard have not played in a tourament in few months because
of family matters and we look forward to getting beat by some great great players on the tour.he is nuts lol,
There are great players at club 9, (none of the above),
as there are on the tour,but we all want to see willy play for money at least
once. to give us something to aim for lol does anyone feel sick

Goto Page:Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here