Sean
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Cues
Date: January 12, 2005 03:44PM
Hi all. Just wondering what cues you're using? Any customs?

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Re: Cues
Date: January 13, 2005 10:33AM
Hi Sean

I only know of 2 players on the tour that have custom cues and that would be 'The Bossman' Brain Wilson and 'The Road Warrior' Sammy Gibson.

I use a Mucci 'Gambler 2' that is a manufactured but is custom quality and I'm happy to play with it after 4 years.

If you're looking to buy a custom cue, then I suggest that you think really hard about the amount of cash you can afford, then what design and materials you want in the cue, and what type of joint you want in the cue as well as what materials make up the joints and finally you need to decide on what type of ferrule goes on the shaft, what brand of cuetip and how wide you want the shaft to be, generaly your best to go for a cue with a North American taper as this is a much thinner tape than some of the cues that you would buy in the shops, Some have the taper of a telephone pole.

The best advice I can give you is take a look at www.platinumbilliards.com and see what they have to offer because I have been playing for 19 years and your always best trying cues out before you buy them so that you know what you're getting instead of leaving it to lady luck.

Anyway, good luck in finding what you're after and if you still can't find a cue you like then give me a shout and I'll post some cuemakers websites for you to look at, But I warn you... It won't be cheap, in fact it won't be cheap for any good cue.

Good Luck and I hope to see you in Belfast on 29th, Frames.

Take care everyone!

Willie.

spanjulika
(IP Logged)

Date: January 14, 2005 09:32AM
I am from England and will be at Frames to run my qualifier over the weekend of 29th and 30th Jan. I will be bringing a selection of Predator and Meucci cues if you are interested. If not my online store is www.apn-shop.co.uk if you can't find what you are looking for then always call or email for a chat. I like to talk about cues!!!

Cheers

Sean
(IP Logged)

Date: January 14, 2005 11:45AM
Thanks guys, I've played with a milion cues and never been quite happy but sometimes pick up house cues and love them. I might be at Frames on the 29th, been meaning to check out one of the events.

(IP Logged)

Date: January 15, 2005 07:31AM
Hi guy's

I look forward to seeing everyone there in Belfast.

SEAN... I'm Glad to help out, my freind and if you need advice on anything else that involves pool give a shout cos there's always myself or the rest of the hustlers on this forum that are too glad to help, See you 2 weeks..

SPANJULIKA... Good to hear that you guys are man enough to hold an event over here and I look forward to seeing more of you from the BPPPA over here soon and I hope to play you in the event in Belfast, Just to see what I got, Which might not be much, but I can still put big runs in at 14-1.
See You 2 weeks.

BPPPA... I wish to thank you guys for adding another event to the tour roster as it can only help both tours and all players alike.
I Hope that some of your guys e.g. 'Dazzler' and Raj Saggo can maybe make an apperance in the PRO-AM event in Dublin, Aug.
Untill then, I'm looking at dates to come over to play on your tour for that bit of extra action and to see what I can learn from the guys that haunt the ivories on your tour.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND HAPPY HUSTLING!

WILLIE.

spanjulika
(IP Logged)

Date: January 16, 2005 01:54AM
Don't forget the qualifier at Frames on Sunday 30th January. Winner gets a place in a pro event in Bournemouth, England. Names confirmed are: Nick Van Den Berg, Tom Storm, Daryl Peach, Ivica Putnik, Imran Majid and Radoslaw Babica. Imagine playing against some of these guys and with guaranteed prize money if you qualify!!!

Frames, Belfast APN Invitational Qualifier - January 30th 2005. Registration 10:15 - 10:45, play starts at 11:00. Hope to see some of you guys support the event.

[www.cuesport.tv]
+44 1305 822132
+44 7842 600912

chris the cyclone
(IP Logged)

Date: January 17, 2005 08:51AM
You,ll c me there alright. no problem at all. Hopefully im on form then i can really show everybody what im like especially dinesy.

Cheers c u then

(IP Logged)

Date: January 19, 2005 09:50AM
Hi Guys

Chris can only show that I really am better than him cos although I taught him everything he knows, but I didn't teach him everything I know.

From the line up mentioned you have got me licking my chops with the floor flooding in druels, simply because I'm hungry to play a decent player instead of a beginner.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEKEND AND I'LL BRING THE 'CENTENNIALS' WITH ME AS WELL.

CHEERS!

WILLIE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here