p. strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
ept rules
Date: May 10, 2006 05:09AM
just noticed a funny rule:
2.0 Cue Stick Specifications All cue sticks must meet the following specifications: a. No shorter than 53" and no longer than 63" b. No lighter than 15 ounces and no heavier than 25 ounces. c. Only leather tips on ALL cues (no phenolic tips)

i know quite a lot of players on the irish tour use phenolic tips.....well thats my sledgehammer out da window

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Re: ept rules
Date: May 10, 2006 06:38AM
thats a strange rule!!!! guna have to get a new break cue now!!!!! i can get th predator bk2 over here for about 400dollars or a bit less so i might get that.!!!!!!

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2006 06:38AM
I'm sure these are the same specific rules that the IPT are using.

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2006 11:08PM
Paddy, does the BK2 not also have a phenolic tip? I thought it had....

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: May 10, 2006 11:23PM
The BK2 has a phenolic tip as I was goin to buy one.

But I have been told they are bringing out a leather tip version soon for IPT players.

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: May 19, 2006 11:44AM
I would like to inform you all that I spoke to Daryl himself about this and it was something that I had consideredsmiling smiley

If your break cue has a 1 piece ferrule/tip, you can cut the tip portion off the furreule and have it flattened, in order to make it so that you can fix a leather tip on the end and have a pheonolic ferrule, but there are some break cues that have a regular ferrule and a pheonolic tip, and in that case, you just replace the pheonolic tip with a leather one smiling smiley, but if you're gonna do this, I recommend that you don't cut off any more than 5mm off the end, that way you won't lose any of the break cue's original length smiling smiley

I actually like this rule because not only does it make the game a bit more difficult, but it also means that the escaping from a good safety will truely depend on good knowledge and accuracy smiling smiley

I hope that the break cue info helps a little smiling smiley

Take care everyne smiling smiley

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here