Empire Pool Tour (EPT)
Date: May 01, 2006 02:15AM
EMPIRE POOL TOUR
The Player's Tour

Web Site: www.empirepooltour.com
darylpeach@empirepooltour.com - Founder, Sports & Tournament director
markmills@empirepooltour.com - Events Organiser:

Empire Pool Tour announces no membership fees

The EPT is the only pool tour in the UK that concentrates solely on American 8ball pool. The EPT's main goal is to provide a new level of professionalism for pool events in the UK, with the focus point being on you the player from start to finish.

The prize money

The first thing a pool player wants to know is the prize money of an event. Well when it comes to prize money the EPT is very different to other tours as its aim is to satisfy ALL its players not just the winner of an event. If a player reaches the last16 of an EPT event he/she will receive a payout that WILL cover the entry fee, the hotel bill, the travel expenses, and still make a profit! That is our promise to you, the player. One of the main factors for this is because we will only hold a maximum of 6 events in season, meaning that a lot more prize money can be put into each individual event. Where as if there was for instance 20 events in the season the prize money would have to be spread out over too many events, meaning that players would only receive worthless payouts. Another benefit for having fewer events means much less traveling expenses for the player in the long run.

The ranking points

Another big thing for a pool tour is a good solid and fair ranking system. The EPT ranking system is just that, and it rewards players for reaching the top bracket, and offers great incentives for players who are aiming to get there.

No membership fees

Yes you heard right! There are no extra membership fees for EPT players, in fact there are no "extra" anything. The only thing you will ever pay as an EPT player is your entry fee into each event.

A final word from the EPT founder

Hello, my name is Daryl Peach and I have played pool on a global scale for 10 years now. I have played in tournaments from Las Vegas to Tokyo, and the one thing that most events had in common was the fact that in one way or another, the players were not getting what they wanted out of a tournament. So throughout 2005 i started asking pool players in the UK and overseas what THEY would like to see when it comes to a pool tour. I gathered all the information that the players had to offer and put it all together to create the EPT. I also put some ideas forward myself as I have been around the block a few times as a player, and I believe totally that having actual players organising a tour is a tremendous thing. At the end of the day I believe that I understand what players want in a pool tour and I will give 110% to make sure that players get what they deserve from all aspects of a pool tour.

For more information visit the EPT's new web site: www.empirepooltour.com

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Re: Empire Pool Tour (EPT)
Date: May 01, 2006 08:58AM
anyone thinkin of goin got this first even in manchester , the flights for return the fare is Total flight price 58.80(UK Pounds)

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2006 09:12AM
anyone thinkin of goin got this first even in manchester , the flights for return the fare is Total flight price 58.80(UK Pounds) from belfast city airport

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2006 09:27AM
thanks paul are u going?????

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2006 09:37AM
have to discuss it with war department paddy....a very good mate of mine is living in manchester at the moment

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: May 01, 2006 09:39AM
her 'indoors is afraid of flying after we came back from florida she swore never again....
and funny enough after we flew back from amsterdam she said the exact same thing

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: May 02, 2006 01:52AM
Anyone thinking of entering this 8 ball tour?

Guaranteed Prize Money

Wnr.....2,0000
R-up....1,000
Semi....700
Qtrs,,,,,,400
Last 16...250

Plus FREE bonus place in IPT qualifier worth $1,000 to the highest placed non-IPT player.

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: May 02, 2006 07:34AM
sounds interesting to me pat!!!!!!!!!

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: May 02, 2006 08:39AM
Here is the further info I received....

1, The prize money is 100% guaranteed, even if only 16 players enter!, but I know this is not possible as we already have surpassed that figure...but what I mean is, if the number of entries don't reach the point where they will cover the Prize money, its me who will be paying the rest out of my own pocket. So I am taking a risk here, but I am sure if the tour is run EXACTLY how the players want it then it will be a success. Any "extra" money WILL go into the pot for future events, prizes, ideas, and unlike some, it will not be going into my own pocket!!
My intentions are to hopefully cover my expenses, and really give the players what we all deserve...a real players tour. By doing this the proper and honest way, hopefully it may lead to other doors opening in the future.

2, We want to be able to walk before we can run! But yes, in the future the plan is to make the tour grow in every way possible, and one of the ways to do this is to break away from the clubs and go into large hotels. This is definitely one of our main goals.

3, Entry fee's.... I know its more than the norm for this country, but we have to start to turn the screw a little. If you look at the success of the Eurotour (100/110) and the success of the UPA in America (200/250) they are successful in gain good sponsors because there tours are higher profile because of the much bigger prizes on offer compared to the UK game. We have got to start somewhere and I think that this is the place. I have tried to spread the prize money so that if a player gets to the last16, he/she will be at least covering their costs and still making a profit, this has been unheard of over here,and until now even a quarter final place often doesn't cover a players costs!! One of our intentions is to pay down to last32 in the future, but we need to see the response that we get from the first event before we can decide if this is possible.

Hope all this helps.

Like every other event, it's best to get on board this early to avoid any disappointments.

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: May 03, 2006 04:15AM
Hi guys, this is just to let you all know that the new Empire pool tour is well under way, and the entries for the first event in Manchester are coming in thick and fast.
Its an American 8ball tour, and all the info you might need is on our website.
All the prize money is guaranteed, and there are loads of extra givaways including IPT qualifying spots, Predator cues and goodies, Sunday flyer cash prizes, and some other stuff which we are working on at the moment.

I hope to see you all in Manchester on the 17th/18th JUNE for our first event.

visit www.empirepooltour.com for more info.

regards,

Daryl Peach.

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: May 04, 2006 01:23AM
why not just post the link?

www.empirepooltour.com Now you can all check out the info as much as you want, I would recommend printing it out and taking the time to read over it because it is definitely a good thing to have a tour like this and hopefuly as the tour becomes more popular and grows, there will be a bigger number of events each year, which I'm also glad to annoucne that Dazzler has said himself that there will be an event for Scotland included on the tour and deservedly so.

Take care everyone.

Willie

devil
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: May 05, 2006 03:07AM
Willie,

Check my 1st and last post, it has the EPT website details on them!

Pat

Big Dave
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: May 11, 2006 05:21PM
Yeah, it was a straight cut and paste from my web site... Without even a credit too! :-(

If you want to know it first, sign up as a member at www.pro9.co.uk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/BigDaveKnight/POOL/Pro9Signature2.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here