Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Rackrunner
(IP Logged)

Re: first win in canada!!!!!
Date: April 27, 2006 01:45PM
Hi Sam-
Can't remember if we played each other before but we definetely met each other at some tournys. I think I was working in London then and think you may have played at Scott Reade's old room QT. you must know Sam Siolas from London. The last real big tourny I played there ( 8 or 9 years ago) I remember that Barry Hetherington and two of his friends had missed the last ride back to Scarborough so I volunteered to drive them- were you one of them?I also used to work at Master Billiards in Brampton before Jim Wych bought it from Frank.
Not to sure if I'll ever make it to Ireland but if I do I be sure to stop by.

Davy
(IP Logged)

Date: April 28, 2006 12:04AM
Well done Paddy ma boy!

Stick in there over in Canada.

Drop me an email re: passport

Cheers

Davy.

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 28, 2006 07:55AM
Hi Rackrunner. Sam's at the club, he wasn't sure but thinks he remembers the lift home, but we used to go to QT's and get action with Ronnie, Ritchie and the Detroit crew, but I remember losing a couple thousand then playing 8Ball after the tournament,I didn't play but I put up the do ray me, and Sam, Barry, Vince and a few of us whent there for a few months on and off. I remember Sam Siolas but he would only know me if he seen me, he was a real solid player. Sam Siolas brought Chris up from St Catherines to Terry's Billiards, and a bar called Sammy B'S, do you remember that place? We had great action there for about 2 years. Sam wasn't sure about the club in Brampton, but I remember we were there once for a tournament Sam thinks he drew Claude Spence, and Jumpin Joe went off on one. I didn't know Jimmy bought that club. On the way to London one time, Barry had a little crash up (car was a right off) Sam thinks that was the one you drove the guys home, I'll ask Sam but was there a girl(road dog) with the guys when you drove them back?That's all going back a few years, but great times!! I used to take Sam and other players to a tour in, Up State Newyork every weekend I'm pretty sure it was called the Empire State Tour. Jeff and the rest of the Snooker players at the time, didn't even know about it, or even wanted to play 9Ball at that time. There was only a handfull of Canadians It was all just starting up then in Toronto. Actually the Empire State Tour was the tour that we took Alex to, it was his first road trip Stateside he was just in Toronto about 16 at the time, Great players, but Alex won easily and Never came back, after that he was gone every week like us. come to think of it thats why I'm single now.HA! We used to go for the weekend to play in Scots room or St Catherines and five days latter I would call the missus from Utica or Chicago Billiards,Boston or some other action room. Old memories but lots of those guys are great players now. When I follow the Canadian Tour I see lots of guys who were just kids then so the Pool scene looks to have picked up a bit in the last five years, Though I'm going back 10 years or more,gettin older. Anyway good talkin to ya, I,m off to club, I'm wondering who you are, but you might not want to put your name on a public forum so if you want you have my Email address and Sam's. I know your first name,but did, or do you have a pony tail,long hair, played for big doe? Cheers Joe.

Hi Paddy, hows it goin? Great Food, Great pool and Good Beer?

mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2006 05:21AM
Well done paddy, keep up the good work. If i was consistent enough i'd join your crusade but ah well maybe someday. Gotta get back into the game again. see ya later

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: April 29, 2006 02:48PM
feel free to drop me a line at paddysnooker@hotmail.com

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here