Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
paddy
(IP Logged)

first win in canada!!!!!
Date: April 23, 2006 06:46PM
well everyone i won a tournament today at a place called shooters pool hall!!!!! it was a double elimination event and there was about 50 in the event!!!!

hope u all are good

paddy

p.s if anyone is talking to sam can u ask him how i can find out about events in canada!!!!!!

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Re: first win in canada!!!!!
Date: April 24, 2006 12:26AM
Paddy, i should be in touch with Sam later. I'll e-mail you tomorrow with any info he gives me. What was the standard like in the tournament?? Did you get much $$$$ for your win?

Good start mate but i'd place a rather large wager that it wont be your last win. You're hot kid!!

Joey
(IP Logged)

Date: April 24, 2006 12:41AM
Good man Paddy Irishman!

paddy
(IP Logged)

second win!!!!!
Date: April 25, 2006 05:51AM
hey everyone i won my 2nd event in a pool hall called doolys and the first prize was 220dollars!!!! The tournament was double elimination 8ball and i game through the event on the losers side. I won a very close final. The guy i played has played in alot of pro events and i must get his name when im down again. Everyone called him j.d.

I also had 2 races to nine for a 100 a set which i won.

If anyone has heard of a player called kenny cheung can then let me know?????

hes a b.p.p.a coach and hes looking to play for a few quid.

c ya all soon

paddy

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Re: second win!!!!!
Date: April 25, 2006 06:35AM
[www.cdnqsport.com]

some info on him anyways........you might also find a link from there paddy....

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: April 25, 2006 06:42AM
thanks paul!!!!!!

Fred
(IP Logged)

Date: April 25, 2006 10:42AM
Well done Paddy

Fred

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: April 26, 2006 01:11AM
The kids got cahoot!! Keep up the good work Paddy.

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: April 26, 2006 02:30AM

Well done Paddy....fly the flag for Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour....keep it going.

Paddy got a call from England y/day asking would you be interested in playing a challenge match for 2,000 and its none of the top players who i would no.....

I'll chat to you about this on the phone or when you get back... i would say there would be afew backers from hear would be interested in putting afew forward......

Chat Soon

Ronnie,

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 26, 2006 12:15PM
Hi Paddy Joe here what was your handicap in our home club,were you a 6 or 7. By the way tell Johhny White,the owner, and all the players that Sam & Joe said hi. Talk to Jeff white, and be carefull cause even though they are all our friends especially the pro's like Jeff, they will try and play you for money and all kinds of games will be offered. If you want tournaments or pool info see the GURU (Paul Thornley) who is respected through out the world by every top player,but very very close friends with us and he will steer you in the right direction, and don't forget to say hi as you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know us. Give the guys our website address www.club9belfast.co.uk. By the way you might see Kirk or Alex and let Kirk know we will have him over this year we promise,and if you see Alex tell him we will see him in Holland as we were out with John McDonald and Clive Cox from Matchroom the other night and we are meeting them again in Holland . Also Cliff hangs out in shooters too. Was it a Monday night tourny or the Sat one?
Cheers EH!

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: April 26, 2006 01:45PM
i aint got a clue what my handicap was!!!!! i definitely played some guy called jeff in doolys!!!!!! ronnie send me an email about the phone call u got and i hope to talk to ya soon.

cheers everyone

paddy

p.s how do i get in touch with the GURU????????

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 26, 2006 02:57PM
Just ask for Paul Thornley and tell him you know Joe Mathews and he will be around shooters on a Mon night but not hard to find just ask anyone.
He will keep you straight and if you want a cue or anything poolwise he is the man. When you go to shooters ask for the owner Johnny "the kid" White and tell him your a friend of ours and he or anyone will tell you what club Paul will be in as there is a tourney every night unless he's on the road at the min. The best place to get Paul other than shooters is Blues and Cues I think a thur night but you are surrounded by clubs literaly and everyone knows us, so feel free to drop our name,believe me its a good name in the pool world, and the guys will take you around if they think you are a friend of ours, if not they wont be as friendly as they can be,it's always who you know. If you cant get PT's number thats what hes called for short, then I will send it to you, but only on a personal email I dont think he would like it if I posted his number on the forum. Cheers Paddy,all the pros are very close friends with us so go up to them or any regular and they will know us and they will take you to all the tourneys. There is 10 a week,right around you at least 7,1 each night. Thats were Sam and I grew up and shooters is the best club around. But if you want any money games let us know the player if he uses his real name that is, and I can tell you a few names of players you can beat for money also. Get the num for blues & cues and ask for Paul or even le spot or cues & tees.

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: April 26, 2006 09:40PM
well joe thanks for all the information!!!!! ive played rob brandenburg tonight first to 9 for 200 and won 9 6 after being 5 1 down and i beat jeff haldoway 9 2 for 50 dollars. These 2 are house pros in pool paradise and i also played hsin huang which beat me first set 9 6 but i beat her 9 7 second set for 50 each set!!!

Im learning each day here alot more about the game and the players here are excellent at jump shots!!!!!

p.s any information (JOECLUB9) u can give me is really appreciated. Im in Waterloo/kitchener area at the moment but i am looking to go else where if thge tournaments are good.

P.P.S (kenny cheng poolparadise waterloo) how good is he sam and joe. He is looking to play for a 1000 or 2000 with 1 or 2 frames up.

What do u think on this and do u know any players that i can play in this area or close by that i can compete with?????

I am enjoying the experience so much and it is doing me the world of good and i feel that my game is improving so much here.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement!!!!!

Its really appreciated!!!

c ya all soon!!!

paddy

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 03:46AM
Hi Paddy,your doin well. I have been here 5 years now and peoples games & names change in 6 months but If it's kenny the owner then he doesn't really know me but I know him and he is not a top shooter but as I said ask for the real pros like Jeff White, Canadian champ many times as he and the other top shooters are friends and will as I said help you out other wise they would try burp you. When you said shooters I take it you mean the one in Toronto? There are quite a few money players and in Canadian terms you would be an 8 but say you are a 7, so try find out what handicap the other guys get on the dif tournament stops and you could try that but most of em will lie(unfortunately) but as I said send me your personal num or email me on info@club9belfast.co.uk and I will give you a number,as I said PT is the man , he is the one who handicaps the players and very trustfull,with us anyway and he will tell you who you should or should not play, but you must let him know who you are first. I didnt know you are in kitchener but try calling PT, Paul Thornley that is or Jeff White and you could ask and any one knows them. There is a guy who hangs around the crowd your at and his name is tollkuy and he plays great for money but Kitchener is out of our town as we are from Toronto Scarborough where all the action is and a tournament every night so talk to the guys and when you find someone who knows us they will keep you right. You have to remember that Sam and Jeff and the other pros are our friends but there are many people we burped for money who still like us but might steer you into a trap. Drop me a personal email and I will get you a couple of good phone numbers of people who will tell you all you need to know. You can get the number of shooters or the other clubs I have mentioned and just phone up and ask is jeff there white that is or Kippy,Bass or I could give you 50 names but best thing to do is private email paddy and I will get someone to take you to tournaments and get you all kinds of money games you can burp all around you, then all you need to know is who not to play. This is the num for shooters in Scarborough toronto unless it's changed just ask directory service it's
area code 416 and num 750-7787 and email my personal email and I will get a friend to call you with every player where you live and fix u up but please dont tell anyone i'm doing this as you will no doubt be playing some of my friends but that's pool, and over there it's OK to hustle it's a certain respect among players, and by the time you get back to this country you will be a ball or two better, but as a place like that will lift your game the opposite over here as the other clubs are so many years behind us over here, you would have to go to England for any real action and even then it's mickey mouse no harm to anyone but so so so true especialy here but things will eventualy get better here, but will need many changes as I feel over here the PLAYERS are taken advantage of especially in the pool where as over there you couldn't have a tournament without money added in Toronto, and Canada is years behind the States. So email me personally and I will get a friend to call you and leave a phone num if you can and I will make a couple of calls.What you need is a list of tourneys and names of money players and their handicap. Goodluck and good playing.

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 04:22AM
By the way when I say the players are taken advantage of I mean yellow and reds not the tour as the tour is doing great just by being there for the players, and I'm sure it will improve every year, but the other pool is a joke as I was told by a player the other night that the kids or juniors get ripped off and end up paying their own way to blackpool and that's not on. So just wanted to clarify that.

Rackrunner
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 04:56AM
fyi- Kenny is a step down from Rob and pretty even with Jason- if you are beating those guys then you should beat Kenny straight up. Rob is by far the best player in K/W and gets alot of action.
If your are looking for real action - seek out Terry Caine!!
Terry will bore you to death with stories from the past and if you can survive that you might be able to to beat him for thousands.
One word of caution:
Terry's game is below Jason's and he will be looking for a handicap or to change the game - he is a master in a game called 1-ball and has been known to both win and loose 5- 10 thousand. He will always be looking to get an edge - whether by handicap or some betting rules that usually puts so much pressure on his opponents that they crack!!
I suggest that if you meet up with him - play him something cheap in 1-ball to learn the game and some of the moves.
Kenny has a nice room and the new tables (Diamonds) he has put in play very tight compared to most of the tables in the area . Rob and Jason play exclusively on these and I think they beleive they have an edge on their opponents, unless they meet up win a former snooker player( I'm assuming that you played snooker once or twice) who thinks that the pockets are huge!!

Best of Luck
Maybe we can play alittle(for fun) the next time I am in there?
Paul

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 06:43AM
You are right on there Rackrunner but we have tried to make games with terry in the past and it's min 1000 a go at 1ball, I didnt think he would play a stranger for money at 9ball though unless he has the upper hand. Is he still showing everyone shots using his hand as the table and putting people to sleep? but nice guy all the same. ho are you, and do you know Sam Gibson or me from Toronto or here in Ireland? or maybe not at all? but I dont want to give up my friends names in T.O. to Paddy over a public forum cause we are not action busters, but would like to get him a few fair games. Paddy could make some serious money if he hits Scarborough.
Cheers rackrunner!
PS.Paddy send me your personal email or better a phone number and I will get a buddy of ours (a player) to take you around but these days with computers
the players already might know,but you are a snooker player and new to the game so you will get a spot(handicap) and Brandenburgh is a very good player and in Scarborouh there is some soft action,but if you are happy enough with tournaments you can find many many weekly tourneys.
Cheers.

Rackrunner
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 07:24AM

joeclub9befast - I don't thinkI've met you before but not sure about Sam.
I've been away from the pool seen for 5-6 years now ( married with 2 kids now) but I spent about 10 years before that playing alot of pool in the K/W, London area. I played in some of the bigger tourny's but never really was good enough to compete the best ( although I made some money gambling ). Now I am only playing once or twice a month in a local 8-ball league in the Cambridge, K/W ( Canadian Cue Sport Association ) and get more satisfaction out of drinking beers than running racks!I been to Shooters in Scarborough before and played some of their tourny's but that it tough action playing against the likes of Jorgrenson, White, Hederson, Chargaris,Small, and the occasional pro like Joe Lawrence.
Do you play in the Canadian Cue Sport Association ? Your not one of those players an the Rock are you?
Did you know Chris Mochin from Guelph?
Paddy should do ok but he might have already killed the chance for any easy games by beating Brandeburg and Holdaway and it won't take too long for that gets around!

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 10:29AM
Hey Rackrunner you seem to know your stuff and Yeah! he beat one of the best players but I also have been away from the scene for 5 years but I owned a franchise of the CPA in toronto and ran many events so jumpin Joe Lawrence and chris,jeff etc are all real good buddies of myself and Sam. Big John Jorgenson is a good friend also so if you see John or yorgy as I call him, say hi from Joe Mathews, But I myself was involved with the sport in all levels as John or any other of the top pros will tell you especially Thornley, but to busy backing players and making games and making money on the road instead of playing. I dont like stakehorses to much so I would give a player at least 50% or more were a stakehorse it's 70% and 30 to the player, Sam and myself now own a club in Belfast Ireland and it's gonna take a few years for this place to catch up but we are telling the guys in our club everything and teaching them all the moves so they are a few years ahead of the rest But paddy is a new player to the game and a snooker player so I could get him some fair action but as you would understand I cant post names on the net and be the worst thing in pool an (action buster) but nothing wrong with a little hustle here & there, and you mentioned a couple of names for paddy not to play already which he should pick up on!!! I HOPE! nice talking to you rackrunner we probably have mutual friends and dont even know it, maybe we will meet some day when I go back for holidays, but my email is on our web site www.club9belfast.co.uk and we can chat a little better there. Cheers , and PADDY CALL /EMAIL ME $$$$$$$$$$ ASAP.

joeclub9befast
(IP Logged)

Date: April 27, 2006 01:24PM
Hi rackrunner, Sam here. Not sure if we have locked horns before or not I allways remember a name or a face, as My hustling days are over, and my picture is on our web site,so have a look and see if you know me or do I know you? I played on the Cdn tour when it first started then moved to Florida and played on the Florida pro tour for five years, then eventually ended up back in Ireland where I am from and we opened a club.
I was also the house pro at cues & tees we may have met before. Drop us an email and check out our site www.club9belfast.co.uk.
Since I have moved here my game dropped by 2 Balls as I am busy teaching and running the club but I fully intend on getting back into it and picking my game up again, as I get more time and the business settles.
Our room is strictly a players club with lots of tournaments and action with the top class pro conditions and two tournaments a month. One tournament is open and money added, as the other is for 6's and 7's only.
So if you are ever over this way drop by our club, or also there is a tour called Irelands American 8 & 9Ball tour, so lots of pool!!
Cheers, Sam.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here