Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
*** Practice Room in Dublin ***
Date: April 16, 2006 01:28PM
Myself and another Dublin player are starting up a practice room in the Walkinstown area of Dublin. We are looking for a handful of players who are serious about practicing and improving their game.

We are renting a premises and have a table which will be installed shortly.
For the price of a couple of hours pool a week, you will get unlimited hours on a championship quality table.

If you are a pool player that wants to move up to the next level and who's prepared to give a commitment of 6 months or a year, email me at gareth@irish9ball.com for more details and costs.

Because this is a practice room and not a club, we're restricting the membership to a maximum of 6 players. This is the first opportunity of its kind in Dublin and its unlikely another opportunity, this good, will come along soon. If you are interested, contact me ASAP.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

chris
(IP Logged)

Re: *** Practice Room in Dublin ***
Date: April 20, 2006 12:19AM
Count me in!

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: May 18, 2006 06:25AM
So far, we've had a good response to the setting up of our Practice Room. If there are any players in Dublin (or outside Dublin) still interested in joining and who haven't contacted me yet, contact me ASAP.

This is a fantastic opportunity for UNLIMITTED practice on a championship quality table, at a rock bottom price. You will NOT get cheaper table-time anywhere in Ireland.

The room also has a library of the best Pool coaching books, covering 9-Ball, 8-Ball and Straight Pool, strategy, technique, training and sports psychology. It has training aids and instructional dvds too. This will be more than just a practice room, we intend it to be a centre of excellence.

All those interested, email me at webmaster@irish9ball.com.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: May 18, 2006 09:55AM
Hi All

Just a quick note to say I would recommend anybody serious about the sport to avail of this. It is an amazing opportunity and I think anybody can improve beyond recognition with practice in this environment, and as Gar said it will cost the equivalent of just a few hours in a club for the whole week in this practice room, so the advantages are obvious before even thinking of the advantages it would have for your game.

Regards

Fred.

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: May 18, 2006 10:53AM
count me in gareth!!!! im interested

Big Dave
(IP Logged)

Date: May 19, 2006 06:42AM
Sounds like a brilliant idea, good luck guys!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/BigDaveKnight/POOL/Pro9Signature2.jpg

Willie
(IP Logged)

Date: May 19, 2006 10:42AM
And it if doesn't work, blame it on Big Dave tongue sticking out smiley smiling smiley lol j/k

It's sounds great and something that is overdue for you guys smiling smiley, I just hope now that you guys will become stronger players and competitors, after all, the tougher the competition the better smiling smiley

I hope to see a good bunch of you in the EPT Qualifiers on June 3rd smiling smiley

Take care everyone smiling smiley

Willie

niall
(IP Logged)

Date: May 21, 2006 07:29AM
great news on the practice room.i hope it works out.let me know when you have it up and running and i'll drop out and have a look.

niall.............

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 22, 2006 01:06PM
Thanks to all those who contacted us regarding the practice room. We had a great response and due to the demand for places, all the memberships were filled quickly.

Membership is now closed.

Below is a picture taken a week ago, since then we've added furniture, shelves and marked the table for Straight Pool.

I hope it will inspire others to follow in our footsteps.

http://www.irish9ball.com/images/practiceroom.jpg

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

paddy number 1
(IP Logged)

Date: June 23, 2006 03:06AM
would there be any chance i could come down for a game????

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: June 23, 2006 05:56AM
I thought you signed up for this room Paddy? Too far away from Belfast or i'd have signed up.

Is it just cuz the walls are painted white or does it look a bit small?

Hope it goes well for you lads anyway.

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: June 23, 2006 07:11AM
Gary, itís a bit of an optical illusion. In all the pics I took, the room looks too small. Its actually the perfect size, which is handy as we're not renting space we can't use (which in Dublin means we are saving a bunch). We were doubly blessed as the location is close to the City Centre.

Paddy, you are more than welcome to shoot a couple racks with us next time you're in Dublin.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

niall
(IP Logged)

Date: June 23, 2006 10:07AM
Hi guys,well done on getting the room set up.Fred's table looks good.give us a shout one of the days and i'll drop over for a peek.

niall..............

Big Dave
(IP Logged)

Date: July 04, 2006 03:45AM
Gareth wrote:

> Thanks to all those who contacted us regarding the practice
> room. We had a great response and due to the demand for places,
> all the memberships were filled quickly.
>
> Membership is now closed.
>
> Below is a picture taken a week ago, since then we've added
> furniture, shelves and marked the table for Straight Pool.
>
> I hope it will inspire others to follow in our footsteps.
>
> http://www.irish9ball.com/images/practiceroom.jpg
>

That looks great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/BigDaveKnight/POOL/Pro9Signature2.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here