PAUL STRAWBRIDGE
(IP Logged)

BALLS
Date: March 27, 2006 04:22AM
just a little query ...what weight are tournament pool balls? in the two local places i play im convinced the pool balls are too light and too small...
dunno what weight they are...but the spotted cue ball i have is massive and far heavier than the rest of them...
im playing very well down here......but when i go to club 9 and places i never seem to do so well....
im convinced these balls (pool) are lighter... anyone know the correct wieghts?

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: BALLS
Date: March 27, 2006 10:11AM
Paul,

All balls must be composed of cast phenolic resin plastic and measure 2 (+.005) inches [5.715 cm (+ .127 mm)] in diameter and weigh 5 to 6 oz [156 to 170 gms].

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: March 27, 2006 11:34PM
Seems a bit strange. I would have thought the parameters for the weight would be a bit tighter. 1/2 Oz or 14gms would surely make a lot of difference to ball action/reaction?

Not doubting Gareth's info just saying it surprised me a little. smiling smiley

PAUL STRAWBRIDGE
(IP Logged)

Date: March 28, 2006 12:31AM
thanks for info gareth......(i expected willie to be first in with all the stats to be honest smiling smiley )
well should the cue ball be slightly smaller-larger than the rest?

in "blackball" pool i have seen many different variations of the cueball...

what prices are tournament balls over there in germany gareth?

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: March 28, 2006 06:37AM
Hi Paul, I'm here now smiling smiley lol

No, The cueball MUST be the same size as the rest of the set, if the cueball is slightly smaller or larger, take it back to the counter and ask for a different cueball or just buy your own set of championship ball and take 'em with ya to play.

I hope this helps buddy.

Willie

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2006 06:08AM
willie, got my digital scales out and weighed the spotted cue ball..exactly 6 ounces,so all the other balls in two local pool halls downeys and shantallow house are much smaller and lighter..
ive ordered a set of :Aramith Super Pro TV Balls

should be here in a few days..

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2006 11:12AM
Excellence^_^, that's basically the only real best thing to do because using crappy equipment will only hinder your ability, so, good on ya Paul and it's great that some players are beginning to catch on^_^

Take care everyone^_^

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here