ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
COACHING FOR IRISH PLAYERS:
Date: March 22, 2006 09:37AM
RICO DIKS (Holland) ------ PROFESSIONAL COACHING
I've been in contact with Rico Diks (Holland) trying to bring him over to Ireland to set-up some professional coaching for players on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour which can be set-up in the following categories: Groups men, ladies, juniors, mixed or individuals....

He will be setting up and using the latest drills and trianing methods that have brought the Dutch National Pool Team (Niels Feijen, Alex Lely, Nick Van Den Berg and Rico himself) so much international success...

The cost will just be devided by whatever players are interested. . (more players ---- less cost).

If your interested please give me a call to put your name down and to secure your spot as all the arrangements must be set in place a.s.a.p. if this will happen.

This can also be set-up in different areas to cut down the travelling.

Contact 07776365059 or from the Rep of Ireland 0044 7776365059 for more details.

Ronnie

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Re: COACHING FOR IRISH PLAYERS:
Date: March 22, 2006 10:36AM
Ronnie,

Thats looks very good. I'll give you a call about putting my name down and making arrangements etc.

Thanks,

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: March 22, 2006 10:50AM
I congradulate you Ronnie on this announcement^_^

I will say one thing though and I mean no disrespect to Rico because he is a great pool player, but you shouldn't need someone as good as Riko to show you some practice drills, if you are keen enough to improver all aspects of your game, you should be willing to get online or go to w library to find anything on Pool and Billiards instructional book or material and you should be able to find out about different practice drills, I know of at least 20-30 practice drills and they all range from basic to very advanced.

The real secret to getting better, is you gotta step up step out and see wtf you got and if you really wanna become a great player, you gotta have the willingness to learn, if you haven't got that, then there is very little point in trying to improve because you'll just be stuck at a certain ability level.

I personally recommend anyone to take this oppertunity to get some coaching from Rico, but is he definitely actually coming?.. because you mention that you're trying to get and then you said that he will be doing... blah blah blah yakety schmakety.

I'm not being critical, I'm just pointing something that no-one bothers to consider or else doesn't bother their backsides to look for this info, even going to platinumbilliards and ordering a few of Robert Byrne's coching vids do the same thing.

Anyway, Congrats again Ronnie and anyone going, take the oppertunity while it is there because no-one else is going to do that for you andyou can't improve while you're sitting on your butt.

Take care everyone.

Willie

P.S. No I won't contact anyone to discuss this in private, this is a public forum and players can discuss whatever they wish when it comes to pool.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: March 22, 2006 02:05PM
Great idea Ronne. Well done I will talk to u about this in Germany

Fred

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: March 22, 2006 02:13PM

I would like to say the response so far for this coaching has been very good and already have received a good number of names...

If there is more players looking to put there name forward just text me your name for now untill i get back from the European Pool Championships & i'll get back to you.

Ronnie

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2006 07:50AM
"you gotta have the willingness to learn, if you haven't got that, then there is very little point in trying to improve"

well said WD!

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2006 11:26AM
joey.,what do you think of those playing conditions out there? bet youd gladly pay 14 euro an hour to play on those conditions at weekends

Joey
(IP Logged)

Date: March 29, 2006 09:01PM
Alright Paul buddy, you're dead right, conditions were top-notch. It's a lovely feeling being able to play a length of table shot gently, and know it won't roll off course (some of them even went in!). Also the pockets are fair, a ball that's going in goes in, slightly off the centre of the pocket will go in at a slow to medium pace, and ball up the rail hitting the rail a couple of inches before the pocket will go in if played very gently (the Germans are masters at this. so many times I thought they'd missed but it sneaks in).

I see you got yourself some new balls (!!) hope they're working out for you!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here