paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

quick question about rules
Date: February 21, 2006 03:18AM
this happened the other night in shantallow house....two guys were playing pool for a fiver.one guy was on the black and he potted it easily enough....so the black ball went into the pocket and the white has STOPPED (no other balls moved)....
SO THE GUY then hits one of his opponents balls intentionally all round the table.......so the other fella claimed it was a foul shot.there was nearly a row over it...i was asked if it was a foul or not.....i wasnt sure but i THINK when the black is in the pocket and all other balls have come to rest...thats game over.therefore it wasnt a foul.....any ideas????

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Re: quick question about rules
Date: February 21, 2006 03:26AM
General Rules for Pocket Billiards:

15) COMPLETION OF STROKE

A stroke is not complete (and therefore is not counted) until all balls on the table have become motionless after the stroke (a spinning ball is in motion).

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: February 21, 2006 03:26AM
No way was that a foul. What a chancer trying to claim it, he had clearly lost the rack.

On that basis if you touched any balls remaining after you've sank the black it would be a foul.

Post Edited (02-21-06 16:06)

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 03:38AM
yes i agree ,
joey get back to work...its not your lunch break yet mate smiling smiley
hows things buddy?

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 04:38AM
Pretty good mate, and yerself? Just had a few sneaky racks at lunch, playin well.

The cost is crucifyin me though, 12 euro an hour, playin 3 or 4 times a week, throw in the few pint bottles of apple juice and it's costin me a fortune. Think I'll move to Derry!

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 10:33AM
It's not a foul.

When the balls come to rest, thats the end of visit.

So when the black was potted and all the other balls (including the white Ccool smiley stopped moving, then that is the end of frame.

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 12:37PM
Correct

No foul once all balls have stopped, he can hit the ball off the lightshade if he wants and its still not a foul (slight exageration)!!!, Black down game over.

Fred

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 12:59AM
Sounds like shantallow is not the place to play for a few quid Paul if that's what some characters try and come off with when they get beat for a fiver!!

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 09:59AM
they agreed it wasnt a foul after a few minutes hud.so no problems

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here