matt
(IP Logged)

8 ball.Rule(pub pool)?Interesting,what happens if...
Date: February 20, 2006 05:37PM
hi.

example.

My opponent just gave comitted a deliberate foul.
Now, normally I get to either A:take 2 shots

or

B Take 3 shots, as in the first shot moving my oppents ball.

The shot that he took snookered me off all my balls (and his, including the black ball)

A : Can I -- Play into "space" and then take my 2 shots? ie hit nothing?
B : Have to play my ball? (and have one shot left) - But if i miss, he had 2 shots.

Shurly, if my oppent commits a foul, I should have the advantage?

Any Opions, rules on this, would be great.

thanks.

matt b.

NOTE: see attactathed picture.

Note the while ball snooker in the middle pocket. im now on REDS. and my opponent had just commited del. foul and got luckey enough to snooker me. Can I play into empty Space? or what is the rule here?

NOTE2 : I cant upload the picture, so its here..

[www.grannygrouse.com]

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Re: 8 ball.Rule(pub pool)?Interesting,what happens if...
Date: February 21, 2006 02:39AM
First no matter what you fouls were committed, only 2 can can be awarded to the opponent, if anyone tells you that you can take 3 shots, then they are telling you porkies and they don't know what they're doing.

it also depends on which league you play in and what the league's standard rules are, for example...

1a. If you play in a league where your opponent has fouled and gave you 2 shots and the 2 shots carry over, if you make a ball on the first of the 2 shots, then you will continue to have a second shot if you miss, BUT!!!

1b. If you play in a league where there is the 2 shots aren't carried over, then the first of your 2 shots can be a "Free shot", (where you can shoot at any ball or make any ball, except the 8 ball) but then on the next shot, you must shoot at your own suit, e.g spot, striped, reds, yellows, whatever.

To answer your second Q is NO, you cannot shoot into an empty space in UK 8 ball, if you do this, it is a foul, no matter what the situation is.

The ONLY game that you can legally shoot into an empty space is 9 Ball and this is only allowed on the shot immediately after the break and to execute the shot you MUST call a "Push Out"

I hope this has helped.

Take care everyone

Willie

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 03:11AM
willie maybe youre not %100 correct......
From 1st January 2006, "Blackball" rules were introduced to the U.K. along with other countries playing "small table, English pool

[www.blackball.info] :failing to make a genuine attempt to play a legal shot is a deliberate foul and results in loss of frame.

strange one though.cos on "world rules" i remember you could deliberately play a foul

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 03:13AM
willie i have seen matches on "blackball" where you are allowed to play into space without touching any balls at all.fairly sure it was in the donegal league....

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: February 21, 2006 10:36AM
In the new Blackball rules released Jan 2006, you cannot play into space from a foul.

WD is 100% correct in all that he posted above.

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 10:03AM
Author: devil
Date: 02-21-06 18:36

In the new Blackball rules released Jan 2006, you cannot play into space from a foul.

WD is 100% correct in all that he posted above.

pat if you check the rules again auld hand youll see"that the guy that played the deliberate foul" has lost the game smiling smiley so wd is not %100 correct

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: February 22, 2006 11:30AM
WD is ALWAYS correct !! smiling smiley

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 01:08PM
true

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 02:47PM
willie dines is the master rules man!!!!! I WOULDNT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING AT THE RULES. HES RIGHT.

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: February 22, 2006 03:42PM
How was the deliberate foul commited?

If he played his own ball 1st and knocked in his opponents in while trying a skill shot, then some players call this 'deliberate foul' when in fact it is not.

Maybe a clear definition of how the foul was committed would help.

And your right Paul.......if it was a (definite) deliberate foul then it is loss of frame.

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: February 23, 2006 04:50AM
these rules seem to turn the old "world rules" upside down...as you could deliberately play a "deliberate foul" with them... lol

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: March 06, 2006 10:03PM
Hey guys^_^

Thank you for correcting me on that as I don't follow 'Blackball' pool anymore, I haven't done since 8 or 9 years ago and so I wasn't 100% sure mysef, but I was posting from the best of my knowledge and memory^_^

Thank you guys for correcting me on that, after all, I am human.... I think anyways tongue sticking out smiley lol

Anyway, it's great to hear from all you guys again and I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Take care everyone and stay cool.

Willie.

P.S. Thank you guys for the compliments, but no-one is always right, we're only human after all^_^

matt
(IP Logged)

Date: March 11, 2006 12:16PM
thanks..

well thats that then!

matt

matt
(IP Logged)

Date: March 11, 2006 12:18PM
oh yes..

one more thing.

We play here in carlow as in if the opponent fouls..and snookers u off a ball..

then u have 3 shots..

u can either.

1: move his. then take 2 shots
2: just take 2 shots!

these are the rules all over a town called bagenalstown!! and its in the rules for our local pub tournament.

what u think?

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: March 11, 2006 05:11PM
As much I like new ideas in terms of shooting pool, rules, etc, but I personally think it's a bit stupid to have any rule where you have "3 shots", that's just takin the pxxx and it is just ruining the game, if the standard of play isn't that good, then I can understand the situation of wanting to make it fairer for everyone to win, but in any other case, it just doesn't do any justice to have 3 shots in any fould situation, now I don't mean any disrespect in what I'm saying as I mean it in the nicest way possible^_^

I am wondering what anyone else thinks of this rule idea?... I guess that it's a case of different strokes for different folks^_^

Anyways, I'm glad that were of some help at least Matt and Thanks for posting buddy^_^

Take care everyone^_^

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here