big keith
(IP Logged)

European Pool Championships
Date: February 08, 2006 01:28PM
just like to know how the team was picked, was it on merit or some other way (like ronnies m8s)

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: European Pool Championships
Date: February 08, 2006 02:07PM

The team of players was picked on the following lines for the 2006 European Pool Championships.

This information was anounced and advertised away back on tours official website www.irelands9balltour.com stating that the format for the 2006 European Championships was as follows.

The top ranked 9ball player at the end of the 2005 was a member of the Irish team.....this player was Paddy Mc Laughlin (Co. Down).

The top ranked American 8ball player at the end of 2005 was a member of the Irish team......this player was Ronnie Boyle (Co. Tyrone).

The 3rd and final place was from a open qualifier......this qualifier was not played because the reason being the European Tournament Organisers have taken away the team event and putting it on at different date and renamed the NATIONS CUP with three men and two ladies forming the team..........same rules will apply for this team selection when it comes around......

NOTE:
It was also advertised at the same time that if there was any other player on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour that would like to put there name forward to cliam a place in any of the individual events to get in contact with me.....

The players that are going took up that offer and did what was asked of them. these was the rules laid down, so that's why they have received a place in the individual events.........we tried to get more spots but it didn't happen.

I HOPE THIS ANSWERS THE ABOVE FOR YOU !!!!.......and by the way, if you don't play on the tour, we would be more than happy for you to come along and play seen your very interested, and you will receive the same rules as every other player who received these spots.

Ronnie

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: February 08, 2006 02:14PM

Sorry forgot to say to you,

you can keep your interest in these players up by following there progress with live results & information by going into the 2006 European Championships official website www.europeanpoolchampionships.com

Over 200 players from 35 European Countries will be taking part, and go luck to every Irish player who earn the right to be there.

Ronnie

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: February 09, 2006 05:01PM
'Big Keith'

Considering you use the same IP number as a regular contributor to this forum, I know this isn't really your first post. If you had a serious question about selection criteria you should have contacted the Tour Organiser, or at the very least phrased it with some civility.

But I doubt that was the purpose of your post. Instead it was to stir things up and to sling mud hoping some of it stuck. Both activities have no place on this forum and bring the sport into disrepute.

Itís a credit to Ronnie that he responded in a dignified manner, I would have been less polite. Like I said, I know who you are, we have played many times on the tour and I'm not all that surprised that you sent that post, or that you didn't use your real name.

I set up this site 2 years ago to promote American Pool in Ireland at a time when there were no other resources on the web covering 9-ball here. It costs money and time to run this site, although I know you personally think its free and runs by magic.

In future, posts which aim to damage the sport here will just be deleted, with particular attention to your posts whether you have the backbone to use your real name or not.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: February 13, 2006 01:37AM
Name and shame Gareth!! Regular readers have a right to know.

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 13, 2006 07:07AM
anyone that is picked for the europeans deserves there place!!!!!! guys that dont do so well always wana have a go. my advice is play well and get picked.simple.

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: February 13, 2006 07:38AM
Couldnt agree more Paddy but who is 'big keith' ? Does he think he should have been included in the team?

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 14, 2006 12:25PM
its someone that plays on the tour who hasnt the guts to put there real name on the post but gareth knows who it is.

Hud Millen
(IP Logged)

Date: February 15, 2006 12:31AM
Is the Irish/scots cup getting played in your club Paddy? Behind Canal Court?

paddy
(IP Logged)

Date: February 15, 2006 06:30AM
yeah thats right hud

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 15, 2006 10:00PM
"big Phil", tiny tears or whoever you are, I don't know who the hell you are, but I know 1 thing, I know that ronnie does make his selctions for the Euro Champs fairly and openly and as a matter of fact, it was myself and another pool player here that asked ronnie to Join the EPBF and as far as I can see, it's the best thing he's done yet, if you don't liike it, then don't play, I would love nothing more than to come back and play full time again, but other commitments like finding work and paying bills as well as something else more important than pool, just doesn't give me that option at this time, so I will say this to you, either put up or shut up!

Paddy... How far is it from the Train station in Newry to the room you play at?... I'm gonna tray and make it there for Saurday to play, but I'm not too certain, but just on the chance that I am able to make it, I just need this info to hand.

Thanks guys and take care.

Willie

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 15, 2006 10:02PM
Correction "Big keith" or whoever it is, I don't care, you're bang out of order, pure and simple.

Willie

PADDY
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2006 10:54AM
willie if u get the bus its 2 mins walk otherwise if u get the train i can pick u up!!!!!

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 16, 2006 10:20PM
Thanks paddy, It's possible that I can make it, there's a slim chance, but I'm trying my best.

Can you e-mail me your cell phone number and I can give you a call to let you knowq either way?... I don't wanna arrange for you to pick me up if I'm unable to make it, etc.

Anyways, Thanks again paddy and take care everyone.

Willie

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: February 17, 2006 09:31AM
Sorry guys, The hope of me getting my hiny down to there tomorrow has gone right out the window, which I am kinda disgusted at because I was 80% sure today that I could make it down, but then of course, it all just went back to square 1 again.

I wish everyone the very best for tomorrow, Good luck everyone and I wanna say a big Welcome Back to the Scottish Braves to the 6 ball Isle tongue sticking out smiley lol

Take care everyone.

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here