ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
2006 SEASON 8 & 9 Ball TOUR:
Date: January 04, 2006 02:11PM

The new 2006 season on Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour cues off on Saturday 28th January 2006 in Letterkenny. Co. Donegal.

This year sees the setting-up of a new Ladies & Junior (under-18) tour, trying even more to promote the game throughout Ireland (32 Counties).

The Ladies tour will be played along side the mens (open) tour where the venues has agood number of tables, while the juniors will have there own set of dates.

The first event to cue off will be the Co. Donegal American 8 & 9 Ball Open with the two competitios taking place on Saturday 28th January 2006 at two different time slots.

CO.DONEGAL 9BALL OPEN:
10-am: Donegal 9-Ball Open (open to men, ladies, & juniors)
10-am: Donegal Ladies 9-Ball Open.

CO.DONEGAL AMERICAN 8BALL OPEN:
5-pm: Donegal American 8-Ball Open (open to men, ladies, & juniors)
5-pm: Donegal Ladies American 8-Ball Open.

NOTE:
The full list of events and rules in all categories (mens, ladies, & juniors), for the 2006 season is up on the tours official website at www.irelands9balltour.com

If any player would like more information or the 2006 tournament diary emailed to them please contact 07776365059 or from the Rep of Ireland (0044) 7776365059 with there email address.

Go into www.irelands9balltour.com and click on the following:

Click on 2006 Tournament Diary................full list of 8 & 9ball events.
Click on Juniors........................full list of events for the Juniors.
Click on Ladies.........................full list of events for the Ladies.

Ronnie

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Re: 2006 SEASON 8 & 9 Ball TOUR:
Date: January 05, 2006 09:11AM
What happened to the supposed to be 14-1 events?.. or are they not being chosen to be played?... because untill you have these events, you're gonna keep getting trashed at the Euro Champs, and don't say that I didn't tell you about this before as I have on more occasions than enough, if you aren't going to have 14-1 as a tour discipline, then why bother with the Euro Champs?

This is one of the reasons why I haven't bothered to play on tour, if you're gonna expect players to keep player just 2 different games and then have to play a 3rd event that no-one really has a clue about, then how can you expect your country to do well, if anything, you're letting your own players down, but I'll say this, I no longer care because in a few months from now, I'll be shooting against much better players, I don't mean any disrespect to any player when I say this, but it could be alot better here than what it is and you only have yourselves to blame.

on a final note, I want to say congrats on the Ladies and Junior tours, I'm glad to see more players.

Good Luck EVERYONE in the new season.

Willie

P.S. Happy New Year!

mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: January 05, 2006 09:19AM
well what you said has some truth in it willy and i would like to see a 14-1 event. I am wondering though why the all irelands is being held in derry again? I thought the venue would change year by year!

Mr Magee
(IP Logged)

Date: January 05, 2006 12:57PM
Willie,

That is an interesting post you just made about the 14-1. I think that you are correct to place as much value as you do on the game - indeed many other top players on the international stage (other than yourself) believe that the skills needed for 14-1 are the basis for all other pool variations, including 9ball and 8ball. There are many top players that think as you do Willie.

Perhaps what you need to do is to go along and organise a couple of 14-1 events on the weekend of 8/9 ball events, so that the players on the tour can see for themselves just how challenging the game is. I must admit that it is my personal favourite and would certainly play it if possible. The best thing would be to let Ronnie see how good the game is and then I think it would start appearing on the calandar.

Whilst I am not able to play in many of the events myself I must admit that I find some of your posts puzzling, considering that it is almost 2 years since I've seen you at any of the events. My own opinion is that it's only by staying involved and going to the tournaments that you can make things happen. You say that you'll soon be playing against much better players - are you headed for the IPT?

You should also talk to Ronnie about playing in the 14-1 in the European Championships - I played last year and it was a fantastic experience. Ronnie had booked me a place in the 14-1 again this year, but I cannot go as it clashes with the Irish Pool Championships. As a result there is a place in the 14-1 available...

Best of luck.

John

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: January 05, 2006 09:19PM
Here's the link, now start reading.

[www.irish9ball.com]

Hopefuly none of you will strain yourselves too much in having to go look.

Later.

Timo Rautiainen
(IP Logged)

Date: January 06, 2006 03:47AM
14.1 would be fun to play...

First have to say sorry that I didn't have time to read earlier posts well cause I'm doing this at the work. So here might be something that is mentioned earlier.

There could 1 or 2 events for that... I come from Finland and there's two region divisions and they play their own ranking points usually. But once or twice in year is event when we play 14.1 and both divisions are run in to one place to play.

Even the Straight pool is totally different compared to 9 or 8-ball it needs lot skill even it feels quite simple after the rack has been broken totally out. Safe shots and everything is just totally different... Could even say this game needs courage to attack when even it might be risky. And this game tests people how strong they are under pressure, cause easy misses will kill ya really in this game.

I'm not a good writer so stop here.. grinning smiley

I'll put little bit off topic to here... Would it be possible to get lift from some dublin players to first event. If I start going around by myself in Ireland... I'll propably find my self from somewhere totally different place, than I should.

Good luck with the upcoming season to everyone and hopefully we will see in Letterkenny.

- Timo Rautiainen - - - Finland -

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: January 06, 2006 04:06AM

As far as Organising 14.1 events it shouldnt be a problem and i'm more than happy to give them ago, but as you can see from the 2006 Diary it is packed with 8 & 9 Ball events, and even two tournaments on in one day as well as ladies & juniors.

William, if you want to come on board and give your full commitment plus help organise these 14.1 events i can start adding them to the diary, as i don't have a clue of rules ect of the 14.1 game but as i said more than happy to give it ago and learn.

What about the 14.1 event you had organised for Belfast last year but changed the dates, is it still going ahead this year..... if so we can take it from there when we see the response and maybe this could get it up and running.

Ronnie

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: January 06, 2006 09:36AM
Before I go any further, I wish to Welcome Timo Rautiainen to the forum.

Yes, I am holding it in Club 9 in March on the 3rd or last Saturday, The entry Fee is 25 entry fee to alow even better prize money and also, because there are 10 really excellent tables to play on, there will be a constabnt flow of play in the tournament, like I said, I'll check the tourCalendar for this year and Like Joe and Sammy have both said many times, I will hold this event to work with the tour shedule, but I recommend that you learn as much as you can because from Aprill/early may, I won't be here to help and you know as well as I do Ronnie that I only try to help the players in the things I mention before, after all, it's the players that make up the tour.

Now, I'll have a lot more details in the next week or 2 and I will post them as often and I will be trying as best I humanly possibly can to have a Professional Event, which everyone can play and learn from too.

I will post more details as I'm starting to get alot of things organized for this event, but I'll not be giving too much detail away just yet, you'll have to wait and see also, 1 more thing that I will mention that this is a ALL MONEY IN ALL MONEY OUT EVENT + on top of whatever is added from the calcutta.

Anyways, I agree with that and in the end of the day, it's to benifit the players and the tour, no-one else.

Take care everyone and I'll be in touch with more details as they happen.

Willie

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date: January 07, 2006 04:45AM
Fella's

I have said this before and I will repeat it now cheap posts like the ones here are very bad for the development of our sport, in my opinion, if you want to have slanging matches ring or email each other privately, debates are good that is one of the points of the forum but I think the tone of the debate needs to be more measured. We have already seen a Finnish visitor post to the site among others. I really dont think this is the way Irish players should conduct themselves and posts like these are embarressing for our Country (again only in my opinion) in the run up to the European Championships. Nothing personal, the times I have met up with both of you I like both of you but please for the good of the sport stop these types of posts.

As for "taking a miracle for Irish players to succeed in European Championships" I already have succeeded as you know Willie, and I think whatever team is going to Germany deserves full support not putting added pressure on them before even going. As for not improving without 14-1 it is a good game that I have not played very much but it is not absolutely essential in my opinion in order to become a good 8 and 9 Ball player to play 14-1 although it helps in opening clusters etc.

Fred.

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: January 07, 2006 12:59PM
I have removed several posts (and their replies) from this thread as they breech the guidelines of the forum. The purpose of this website is to promote American Pool in Ireland. IrishPool.com gets over 10 thousand visitors each month, so its important that topics get debated and malevolent remarks are removed.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: January 07, 2006 01:53PM
Thank you Gareth and I appologise again for that.

Are you playing in the 14-1 event?

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date: January 10, 2006 10:19AM
Hi Willie,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'm in Jacksonville, Florida at the moment. I might see if I can get some straight-pool action while I'm here.

Yes, I'm hoping to make it to your tourney. Its a pity the one last year was postponed.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: January 10, 2006 01:15PM
Well, I postponed it to now because I wanted to get a beter chance to make sure it's more known about and Give EVERYONE a chance to make it to play.

No worries, I've been wondering where you've been hiding the past while, but then again, I guess it's buisness as usualk for you^_^ lol

I'll post up details of the event, in the next 2 weeks, times, etc.

I will say that ALL players who 30 Minutes or More late after the start times will be Eliminated and it is a straight KO tournament, this is due to the nature of how 14-1 is played.

I will arrange a start time to allow for everyone, but I expect you ALL to make a fair effort to be there on time, as matches WILL have start times, but I will finalize the details soon.

Take care everyone.

Willie

mouse
(IP Logged)

Date: January 14, 2006 04:19PM
count me in smokey! smiling smiley

Wille 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: January 15, 2006 10:28AM
ok, you're in.