joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
02 shootout tournament Sat 19th
Date: November 15, 2005 12:31PM
Is there anybody out there!!
Hi we just want to let you all know there is a tournament this Sat Nov 19th in club-9.

Tournament director Joe Mathews snr and Sam Gibson who is not playing.

FORMAT
Calcuta will be at 12:00, tournament will start with or without you at 1:00pm sharp, Handicap, 9-Ball, Double Elimination, races to-9 on A & B side, No free rides, 20 entry fee, Winner breaks & rack your own.

Just to give you an idea of the payout, one of our events had only 20 players and we paid out 650 pounds + a state of the art, i-mode camera phone and blue tooth head set along with other prizes from our sponsor.

IF YOUR NOT IN : YOU CAN'T WIN !!!!

Entry can be taken over the phone just call Sam at 02890 625217 or
e=mail Sam or Joe at club9belfast.co.uk

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Re: 02 shootout tournament Sat 19th
Date: November 30, 2005 04:52PM
Just to let all PLAYERS know that there's a tournament on Sat Dec 3rd
Same format as last one with handicaping players so everyone has a level playing field and I know that a lot of you don't want to drive to club 9 when our local players are so good but if you want to get better, play better players.

Pajo
(IP Logged)

Date: December 01, 2005 07:40AM
Hi Joe,
was just wondering what traffic will be like for saturday (George Best funeral).
Would like to make it for the tournament but do you think the traffic will be mad or have you heard any news of any roads being closed.
Is it anywhere near club9/dunmurray. Sorry my geography of belfast isnt great!

Pajo

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: December 01, 2005 10:50AM
Hi Pajo my geography wouldn't be much better than yours seeing I'm from Canada. I do know that the funeral is not near Dunnmurry it's in east Belfast the other side of town and I don't think the major routes will be blocked getting into belfast from the likes of Derry or Dublin, although I don't know where you are coming from, but I have talked to a few locals and they all agree it should not affect the traffic, it's hard to really know after all it is George Best. I wish I could be of more help to you, but we'll keep our eye on the news and if I hear anything I will let you know.
Hope to see you there
best regards Joe.

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: December 01, 2005 12:35PM
Hey guys, How are ya?^_^

I know that the funeral is taking place at Stormont, which is eastern Belfast on the suburbs about 2 miles or so from Belfast City Centre towards, Dundonald, I know that the city centre will be busier, but Dunmurry is in the southern part of Belfast and the most southern part of belfast to be affected with the heaviest traffic is the Ormaugh Road and Lisburn Road areas, maybe the M2, but other than that, you shouldn't have any bother to get to the room.

Also, George Best's Funeral will be going from Stormont to Roselawn, which is a Cemetary/Crematorium about 4 miles south of Stormont, but this is on the outskirts of the Castlreagh area and so, there shouldn't be too much disruption in getting to the club.

If you listen to any of the radio shows, then you should be able to get the travel news or search for Travel info for George Best's Funeral.

I hope this info helps and I'll see you tomorrow night Joe, I'll be there for the Saturday too.^_^

Take care everyone.

Willie

P.S. If any of you guys know of anything different on the travel info and disruptions, then please correct me as I'm only going by what I heard on BBC Radio 1.

R.I.P. You are still and always will be a legend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here