Joe
(IP Logged)

9ball cues/equipment in Dublin
Date: August 16, 2004 01:55AM
Hi all

As a newcomer to this scene, i'm just wondering does anyone know where to purchase pool cues and equipment in Dublin?

Also, I was an interested observer at the invitational tournament in The Palace at the weekend and I'd like to thank all the players for being so friendly and patient in the face of stupid questions!

Thanks

Joe

Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: 9ball cues/equipment in Dublin
Date: August 16, 2004 01:11PM
Joe,

The only store that I know that sells pool cues in Dublin is Rileys and as far as I know they only sell Riley cues. Sadly you wont find a shop in Ireland with the range, quality and value for money that as a pool player you deserve. I suggest you look around online billiard stores like www.platinumbilliards.com.

If you are not sure what cue you'd like, ask players at the next tournament for advice, ask them if you can try their cue for a few shots and also read reviews by players online.

If you have any questions, drop me a line.

Gareth.

Willie `The Wizard` Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: August 17, 2004 02:14PM
HI JOE

I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED WATCHING THE EVENTS ON SATURDAY.

I CAN MOST GENUINELY VOUCH FOR GARETH'S REPLY AS YOU WILL FIND A WIDE RANGE OF DIFFERENT MAKES/MODELS
OF CUES, CASES, ACCESORIES AT WHATEVER PRICE THAT SUITS YOUR POCKET AND THEY ALSO HAVE A PRICE MATCH POLICY, SO THAT IF YOU FIND A CUE THAT YOU WANT @ PLATINUMBILLIARDS.COM AND YOU FIND THE SAME CUE AT A LOWER PRICE @ ANOTHER SITE THEN THEY WILL MATCH OR BEAT THAT PRICE AND THEY ALSO KEEP YOU UPDATED ON HOW SOON YOUR ORDER WILL ARRIVE.

IT'S WORTH WHILE TAKING A LOOK BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

GOOD LUCK JOE AND I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, YOUR FREIND FROM BANGOR,

WILLIE

P.S. IT IS ALSO WORTH WHILE TO INVEST IN A GOOD SET OF POOL BALLS TO PRACTISE WITH.

I CURRENTLY USE `BRUNSWICK CENTENNIALS`, BUT `SUPER ARAMITH PRO` ARE JUST AS GOOD AND THEY ARE A LITLE LESS EXPENSIVE AND ARE AVAILABLE IN REGULAR OR T.V. SET VERSION, WHICH ARE BOTH AVIALABLE FROM `PLATINUM BILLIARDS`

Joe
(IP Logged)

Date: August 20, 2004 02:01AM
Thanks for the advice lads. I hope to see you all on next years tour after I've had a bit of practice.

Cheers

Joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here