juanbond
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
SnookerBase: my free snooker software
Date: August 24, 2005 04:57AM
Hello all... I hope you don't mind a post about snooker here. How ironic, an american posting about snooker on an Irish "american pool" site...

I have been developing a software package called SnookerBase for my snooker-addicted friends here in the USA. Currently, we have SnookerBase installed on a dedicated PC in our local snooker room, for entering inning-by-inning accounts of each frame. Our PC sits just a few feet from the snooker table. It stores these frames and calculates tons of interesting stats, ratings, and all-time records. It also doubles as a nice scoreboard in the snooker room, as you can easily see the current score and other frame info from well across the room. Control is almost solely with the mouse; the only thing you need the keyboard for is to enter new player names that haven't yet played any frames in the system.

I have recently begun enhancing SnookerBase to be a distributed FREEWARE program which will automatically send its data file to my central database for compilation and processing. This will allow me to compile and compare stats for any and all players worldwide that may be using the software, and send out periodic emails full of all kinds of fun stats/rankings to each contributing user.

I wanted to post here to see what kind of interest there is for such a program. We really enjoy using SnookerBase to enter all of our frames, and thought it only fair to offer it to the public. And the idea of having stats sent in from every single SnookerBase installation is quite exciting to me. I'm hoping to get some screenshots posted here sometime soon... Once we move past beta testing, we'll most likely put together a website where you can download SnookerBase...

For now, you can email me at archaeal@gmail.com with any questions/comments, or inquiries into obtaining a copy of the software. Cheers!

juanbond
(IP Logged)

Re: SnookerBase: my free snooker software
Date: January 26, 2006 02:14PM
Hello everyone... SnookerBase has recently undergone a few more upgrades. I have updated the website to show a few SnookerBase screenshots, as well as the up-to-date stats from my snooker room. You can find the website at psr47.com/sbase. Please be sure to check out the SB.Net page to view the latest stats (currently as of 1/23/2006). I hope to have a downloadable version on the site soon... Sorry for the lack of updates...hope to hear from you soon!

Post Edited (01-26-06 22:16)

juanbond
(IP Logged)

Re: SnookerBase: my free snooker software
Date: March 12, 2007 08:24AM
Hello all!!! SnookerBase has just entered a formal beta-testing phase. Please email me at archaeal@gmail.com if you are interested in getting your hands on a free beta copy. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here