ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
PRO-AM:
Date: August 22, 2005 03:25AM
PLEASE NOTE: ------- Lack of support from the large amount of players who had entered this event until payment was required failed, has led to the cancellation of the 2005 Pro-Am 9-ball tournament which was due to take place this weekend Saturday & Sunday 27th & 28th August in Dublin. Anyone who was involved in this event will only be given out info by contacting 07776365059 or from the Rep of Ireland ( 0044 ) 777 636 5059

INVITED PLAYERS:
I would like to thank all the following invited players who had confirmed there place for this event, Michael Valentine, Pat Holtz, Rob Mc Kenna, Daryl Peach, and the former world snnoker champion Ken Doherty.....There was also another three players who was taking part but just hadn't confirmed.

Also, there was a few top European players who I've been in contact with including Ralf Souquest from Germany who was coming only these dates collided with his other tournament committments.

PRIZE-MONEY:
The total prize-money would have been 5,000 euros which seen 2,000 euros added to the event.

All I can say at this stage is a big thank you to all the reliable Irish players who had entered with full payment (3 in total) Paul Strawbridge, Gareth Deegan, and Alan Crowe and the three qualifying players Dillon Mc Cann, Chris Sittlington, and Ronnie Boyle, plus another four or five who give me 100 percent commitment that they would be there, but unfortunately this still wasn't enough to run a event of this calibre, to all the invited players who put there support in this event, to Owen Donlon from the host venue, and last but surely not lease to DAVY & BRIAN WILSON from STARPLAN who was the main sponsors of the event, and to anybody who I left out.

Hopefully sometime in the near future we will get this Pro-am of the ground, but in the mean time we have to work on a principle of trying to stop these players entering tournaments and failing to turn up or to pull out when approached for payment.

Not only does this deprive the genuine players from taking part in these high profile events, but it makes a mockery of the rules which bees set in place with only one thing in mind......"TRYING TO MOVE THE GAME FORWARD",

Once again thanks to all players who committed themselves or to anyone was involved in anyway and i'm sorry for inconvenience caused on this matter.

unknown
(IP Logged)

Re: PRO-AM:
Date: August 22, 2005 04:58AM
I would just like to ask what is intending to be done for those who qualified for the event as there was money paid for entry into the qualifiers?

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 05:35AM
If your involved in anyway through qualifiers, ect unknown, this and anyother info you require will given by contacting 0777 636 5059.......

The only qualifies which took place is as follows:
Event 1: played in Enniskillen 4 entries = won by Ronnie Boyle.

Event 2: played in Belfast 4 entries = won by Chris Sittlington.

Event 3: played in Dublin 7 entries = won by Dillon Hanaphy.

As I said to any player who was involved if you require anymore information of any kind regarding the pro-am please contact the above number.

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 05:46AM
Ronnie

Sorry to hear this fell by the wayside due to lack of support from the people who said they'd play. Fair play to you for all the effort you put in I reckon it must be frustrating at times.

Keep up the good work.

Joe

Chris Sittlington
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 06:23AM
oh dear!!..... I'll give you a buzz later ronnie!!!

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 08:31AM
this is sad to see...............

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 01:10PM
I was gutted when I heard this news as I was really looking forward to playing in this event.

It's very sad to hear that such a prestigious event has had to be postponed until later due to the lack of support from the players who said they would enter and then pull out so late to let everyone involved down.

I for one look forward to when this event takes place.

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 02:30PM
Hi players, or those of you that are "players"
After reading this it's hard to understand why or how a " player" can say they are showing and just not show, or stroll in late. We had a tournament last week in club 9 and we waited for players also, and 1 that didn't even bother to show, next time the show starts with out them.
Im sorry to hear this has happened because it would be a great boost for the sport to have top level play but maybe it's a bit too much for some of you who commit then QUIT !. The guys that do this are screwing it up for all of us who are players and have respect for the game, so either play or don't it's that simple.

Chris Sittlington
(IP Logged)

Date: August 23, 2005 03:21AM
I agree

chris
(IP Logged)

Date: September 12, 2005 06:48AM
Hey ronnie! I have tried ringing the number you have stated but it just comes up as a dead tone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here