Goto Page:Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Radio coverage
Date: August 07, 2005 10:58AM
Yes Fred, you are right, these amounts are just for those specific NGBs. Individual grants are not included. An example of this is that the Irish Clay Pigeon Shooting Association received Ä12,027, but four Clay Pigeon Shooters received a total of Ä73,525 in personal grants. Also not included is Athens Enhancement Grants, in which Clay Pigeon Shooting got Ä90,000 extra.

Iíve nothing against Clay Pigeon shooting (or clay pigeons for that matter), Iím using it to show whats available in state-funding from the Irish Sports Council.

Gareth Deegan
Irish9Ball.com

Fred Dinsmore
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Radio coverage
Date: September 05, 2005 09:21AM
Just reading thouh these messages again as the forum seems to have gone quiet in every other way lately!!!!

Just going back to the points Mr Magee made about "physical fitness" which I didnt really notice before, this may be the case and it is a very noble cause, but is that not why we have a department and Minister for Health???

The main aim of the ISC and John Treacy's role should be to look after elite Irish Sport. Unfortunately I was right about Irish results in the World Athletics Championships, more tax payers money wasted!!!! In fairness though the Irish Wheelchair Athletics team did well and won medals at the recent European Championships, I have to say I have criticised some of our Grant recipients too in the past but credit where it is due these were good results in general.

Fred

Goto Page:Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here