Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
New Venues For 2006 Season:
Date: August 02, 2005 05:03AM

Any new venue or venues that would like to get involved with Ireland's American 8 & 9 Ball Pool Tour for the 2006 season by hosting tournaments please get in contact with me direct by calling 0777 636 5059 or from the Rep of Ireland (0044) 777 646 5059..............and If any player knows of any venue in there area also get in contact with me on the above number.

Any venue or venues that are interested must apply in writing by the 31st August 2005 to be considered for the 2006 playing season.

The 2006 tournament diary will be coming out next Month.............

Thanks

Ronnie

Damian
(IP Logged)

Re: New Venues For 2006 Season:
Date: August 04, 2005 03:26AM
Ronnie,

The embassy in Sligo has 4 tables in very good condition.

The man to ask for is Kevin Quinn Jnr.

Damian.

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 04, 2005 04:34AM

Cheers Damien,

I will look into it

Ronnie

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: August 04, 2005 06:30AM
Is there gonna be any more benues with more than 4 tables?

I'm just asking cos 4 tables is not really that much to go on, don't get me wrong though cos it's good to see more venues, but I know of 1 venue that should be added to the tour's venue list and it is a major suprise and disappointment that we haven't had a tour event there yet, I'm talking about Club 9.

Now, I will say that all the other venues on the tour have been and are good, there's no doubt about that, but If I wanna play in a tournament, I'd want to be paying an entry fee to play on equipment that I KNOW that I'm not gonna have to play on a table where the pockets are missing or the Cueblaa is bigger or smaller than it should be.

I personnally think that it's about time that either the tour invest in some Championship Ball sets or have someone to go to each venue at the beginning of the year before a tournament is played and ask the Room Owners to make any repairs or Provide tournaments with equipment that maches and not something like a bag of dolly mixture sweeties.

This is only a suggestion as I think that with the tour now coming into it's 4th year, it's about time that the dark ages were left behind and some more light be shone on the tables to what they should be.

I also want to Commend Downey's in Derry as they have proven to be a good club by recovering their tables 2 weeks in advance of the All Ireland Championships and I'm glad to say that at least one or 2 clubs are catching on.

I mean no offence by my opinions, but I've been playing for nearly 20 years and I can say that I know what we have and what we should have, but life isn't always as clean cut as that.

Anyway, Take care everyone and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Willie

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 04, 2005 08:38AM

Well William,

Your Probably right about the number of tables..... (but we're not in position to pick & choose venues)

There was 11 tables in Downey's last week and you still didn't turn.

With the new rule in, ( posted on this forum away back) if any player enters a tournament and doesn't turn up he/she still must pay there entry fee before they play in the next event.

In other words, you messed up the draw & the entry fee was £20

Chat Soon

Ronnie

(IP Logged)

Date: August 06, 2005 03:56PM
Stick to the subject please and also keep things private like you keep telling others or are you gonna change that rule now?...

The £20 is in the mail and also, since you said that the draw was messed up, after all you got a perfect field of 64, so how the hell is that messing up the draw?... if I was there you would have 65 players and then you woul have to play someone in a prelim match and that holds back the tournament!

After all, I'm not the one running the tournaments, but yet I knew this and I wasn't even there!!!

The prosecution rests!!!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, please be sure to tip your waitress before you leave.

Take care EVERYONE and I'll catch ya all sometime soon^_^

Willie

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 07, 2005 01:15AM
William,

Just letting you know, seen you haven't been at any of the tournaments lately, this is not a private matter as these rules was posted on this forum way back (check forum) and the draw was advertised on the wall in Downey's.

1. The draw for each tournament bees made before hand in Damien Corrigan's New American Pool Club, Fintona, Co. Tyrone, (also advertised in this forum for any player to come along and witness the draw being made if they want).... which some members do.

2. You where drawn out to play Paul Mc Cormack at these All Ireland 9Ball Pool Championships, then we filled your name in with another player who happen to be on standby....

3. If any player enters a tournament he will not be allowed to enter the next event untill he pays his entry fee for that event. (also posted on this forum which can be checked).

4. For a player who has played for over 20 years do you think that these rules should not be set in place, or do we just let people come and go as they want by breaking all these rules.

NOTE:
What would happen "IF" your opponent didn't turn up, and the players beside you done the same, it can happen, and will happen if people keep entering t/ments and don't show.......otherwards there has to be rules set.

William, your not the only player who has done this, and i'm sure you'll not be the last.....i don't want to sound silly all the time but if you don't have rules and princivals for the tour some people would just take you for granted (as some do) and just make a mockery of the tour....and i certainly don't want to see that, and alot of other players feel the same.

Before any draw is made, when closing dates are advertised its not hard to lift the phone and call 0777 636 5059 and say I can't make it could you please take me out of the draw....(simple as that).

Before you tip the waitress or waiter, get back on the tour where you belong.

RB

John M Kane
(IP Logged)

Date: August 07, 2005 02:34AM
ronnie,

good points bout rules and stuff. i think u r running a great tour. but in your telling off of willie u didnt answer his original point about club 9. What is ur view about club9?

also if what u say is true and its okay to publicly name the people who are ‘no shows’ then u should be fair and in your next post list the names of the people who were 'no shows' at the all-ireland.

john

ronnie
(IP Logged)

Date: August 07, 2005 12:16PM

John i'm not telling off William in any way, or i don't want him or anyother player to think any different , the reason William was mention was i replied to his post regarding the four tables........ i'll reply to your last post & i'll leave at that. (done and dusted)...

When someone keeps entering t/ments and doesn't turn up time and time again it does get annoying when your taking a players word and only trying your best ......

Regarding Club 9:
In four Months time we're coming to the end of our tournament diary for this season which you can view on www.irelands9balltour.com with the new dates coming out shortly.

The dates on the 2005 diary for the Belfast venues had been agreed with Frames snooker & pool club long before club 9 had open there new premises and this agreement will carry into 2006 season as well ........and I spoke to Joe Mathews from club 9 by telephone on this matter.....

John if you take alook at the post on this page you will see afew lines saying..... Any venue or venues that are interested must apply in writing by the 31st August 2005 to be considered for the 2006 playing season... and that includes club 9 or anyother venue who wants to take up that offer.

The reason it has to be in writing, what ever is said or agreed its there in black and white, not word of mouth.......

Yes of course we will hold a event or events at club 9 not a problem, its the same rules for all new venues, but Frames will also be used for some of the Belfast events in the 2006 season as well....

Its the same for all new venues who are looking to join our tour, if all new venues put in writing then they are 99% there....(simple as that).

RB

(IP Logged)

Date: August 09, 2005 05:09PM
I gotta be totally honest here!

I agree with what you're saying Ronnie, no doubt about that, but when you consistently choose to bark at me down the phone or on here because I'm the one of very few that will find theirballs to stand up for their views and a right to an opinion even if it differs from yourself and it's a little thing called debate which is what a forum is for!

Now, another thing!... If you go to the SAPPA forum, you'll see that the guys are open about anything on the tour that they may not be happy with, which is very little if anything, but if they do complain, like Tookster can't stand the tables at Kirkaldy, then he'll say about it and won't have to worry about getting barked at for speaking out because there is something that he wants to suggest or disagree with!

Now, on your subject of the subject of me saying that I'm going to be there and not going, well, I'm gonna tell you somethin!

You have a hell of alot of players' names on the tour and about40% have only ever played 1 friggin event!, what the hell is the point in haveing names there if they have only played in the first year or 1 event?.. you have again tried to make it out like I'm the worst case scenaio which I will not tollerate from anyone and I don't care who they are!

I didn't go to the All Irelands because I was unable to get to sleep the night before and I refuse to play in a tournament if I haven't got the proper rest and as a player, you should know this and I also explained this to Chris Sittlington and I told him to show you the txt I sent him explaining why I wasn't gonne be there!

Now, I would loved to have been able to make it to the PRO_AM as I had been looking forward to it all year, but when I get an invite to a cousin's wedding, then Family will ALWAYS come first!

I have considered retirement before, but I'm just losing the interest t play because I'm not going to be used as a friggin sitting target for all the other no shows of the tour and if you can't have the decency to write a FULL list of EVERYONE who hasn't been at an event in the last EAR, which you will find I played in event's up till the Euro Champs and we all know why I didn't play after that!

If you're looking to use someone for target practice, then buy a dartboard or start firing in another direction cos I'm not gonna be a little stable boy and take any more horse ****, Like John M McKee has said, if you're gonna start yapping at anyone, then do it at those who really haven't bothered to show up without a genuine reason!

The prosecution rests!

I'll send my fees in the post and please pay in cash and don't forget to tip the receptionist!

Later!

(IP Logged)

Date: August 09, 2005 05:14PM
I wish to appologise to Gareth and everyone here for my previous post!

Before I go, I want to appologise to everyone about my post, but I have had enough and I refuse to take any more BS over something that everyone else doesn't hear a peep about!

Take care evrryone and my appologies again!

Willie

P.S. Keep you tips in your wallets cos the receptionist won't be in till 9am in the morning!

Later cats

paddy mc loughlin
(IP Logged)

Date: August 10, 2005 04:55AM
i fink some of the views here are very harsh to say the least. PATHETIC WOULD BE THE WORD!!!!!!

(IP Logged)

Date: August 10, 2005 10:31AM
I really don't care any more, I really don't and to be perfectly honest, I have no reason to want to play on the tour right now!!!... This is due to lack of decent prize money and lack of respect for the players and what disgusts me the most is that aot of players don't have the mascrani's to speak up about it or bother to notice it!!!

If you guys want to have it that way, then that's fine, but don't ask me to follow the sheep into the **** cos I simply refuse to do it!

now, saying that, I will only be playing in 2x elimination events and if that means never playing a tour event again, then so be it!

Thank you ladies and gentlement, the prosecution rests!

if you agree with me great, if you don't agree, then that's also great cos I simply don't give a damn and I have lost interest in the idea of playing tour events for the past few months, in fact since the Euro champs and there is no chance of my interest being returned to the tour at this point in time!

Another thing, I WILL be going to scotland and I will be decidingbetween now and then as to whether or not I decide to return to play and not before it.

Now, instead of commenting on the opinions and views, start commenting on your thoughts about the tour venues and stop trying to avoid the main topic of the thread!

Later

P.S. I appologise to everyone again about this, but i really have had enopugh of all the BS from people who think that they know what they're talking about and I will not be used as an example for everyone else's mess ups!

paddy mc loughlin
(IP Logged)

Date: August 11, 2005 06:04AM
the game will always be bigger than one player and if you dont want to play then fine!!!! you dont have to come on the site and talk aload of nonsense. If you are so fed up then put your views in writing to the tournament organiser and stop posting it on the site. If you are concerned about the tour getting increased prize money then maybe you could word your comments alot better ie(potental sponsors looking at this site). Everyone is entitled to there say but do u really have to curse.

the prosecution rests!!!!!

(IP Logged)

Date: August 11, 2005 12:23PM
Oh please!... behave yourself

There is always a good turn out at the All Irelands, but I think that ALL players should turn up and I have been one of those absent players and I'm the first player to admit that, but I will say that there are alot more players who are on the tour register who barely bother to show up at all and it's frustrating as hell, simply because I have been wanting to play in the 8 ball tour as well as the regular 9ball tour, but the only thing that was getting in the way was just where the events were located to start of with, but then again, I was still having to pay what I owed from the Euro Champs. (which couldn't be helped at the time)

If I was being honest, I'm just really frustrated because it's been a really crap year for me and I know that other players have had worse, but as you know Paddy, I like to be in every friggin event possible, but the Euro Champs was a balls up and put the idea of playing in mopre events out the window!

Like I said, I will be considering if it is worth my while to bother to continue playing because there is simply too much going on right now for me to know as to when I will be back to playing again and I can't say that it doesn't bother me, but i can only do so much the same as everyone else!

I was not posting just to vent, I was also posting to get some things off my chest that have bothered me for a while now, but I guess that everyone has a bad time of it, oh well, back to the drawing board!

If you are a real player, then you would have certain expectations of what you think that something should be, but it's also easy to forget that the tour is only 3 years old.

I just hope that I can be back playing again soon.

Later everyone and take care.

Willie

unknown
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 05:05AM
stop your bitching guys and hit the bloody nineball into the sock

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 05:43AM
Willie, I reckon I've wasted at least an hour of my life this year reading about your plans for retirement (or not as the case may be).

I'm sure you're a decent bloke and I know you're a good player but nobody on here really gives a toss if this week you've decided you'll never play again, cos next week you'll have changed your mind anyway.

Sorry if that's harsh but it's getting on my tits at this stage.

Joe

paul strawbridge
(IP Logged)

Date: August 22, 2005 10:29AM
lmfao

(IP Logged)

Date: August 23, 2005 09:33AM
You be best to buy yourself a bra then! LMAO... Only kidding Joey ^_^

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date: August 24, 2005 02:40AM
I almost need one at this stage anyway Willie!

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here