Willie `The Wizard` Dines
(IP Logged)

Look Out For the `Peckham potter`
Date: August 02, 2004 11:06AM
Hi Everyone I hope your all keeping great.

I Just thought I would mention that for those of you who are unaware, but Kevin Smith will be in belfast to defend his title, But I've noticed that he is not doing as well on the pro tour this year with family commitments (which I congrdulate him for) and I think that the `All Ireland Champs` is open to offers and it's anyone's title this year.

So I want to wish EVERYONE the best of luck and I'll see you there Saturday.

Your freind

Willie

P.S. I intend not to take it easy on anyone at this event so I would advise you all to grab the last minute pratice while you can.

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAGH

THE MAGIC STOPS HERE!

Devil
(IP Logged)

Re: Look Out For the `Peckham potter`
Date: August 03, 2004 03:44AM
Yes myself and Tam "the" Talent from Scotland will be travelling over for this comp in Belfast on Saturday.

Really looking forward to it.

Does anyone know the venue its being played in, Frames SC?

If so, what and how many 9 ball tables are there?

What is the condition of them and are they being recovered for this important title at stake?

:-)

Devil
(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2004 03:45AM
That was meant to say what kind of tables are they?.....SAM, Riley, Brunswick etc

(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2004 12:45PM
Hi DEVIL and before you ask, No I will not make a deal at the Crosroads with you!

The answer to your query is,

1. The tables used (FOR THE TOURNAMENT are 10 `OLYMPIC II'S WITH `SIMMONIS 860` CLOTH) and they also have 2 `Dufferin` 9ft and 5 `Proline
Winchester's` also 9ft.

2. They wre recovered a few months back and they are still in great condition and the cloth is pretty slick.

I hope this info has helped, I'm suprised that `Tookster` and `Blue Suede` aren't coming, but bring Macheala with you and tell ross I wish to show her my LEGENDARY racking Skills.

See you Both Saturday and Have a safe journey over and untill then, take good care my freinds and see you there.

Willie

P.S. tell Tam that Willie says he's still rubbish, HA HA HA.

THE MAGIC STOPS HERE!

(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2004 01:09PM
Before I forget.

do you guys know when the Glasgow 14-1 qualifiers are being played and if so would you let me know as I have been planning to play in this event for some time now and I am looking forward to going back to Glasgow to see all the guys again.

CHEERS!

Willie

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: August 03, 2004 02:22PM
Cheers Willie for the table info.

Tam will give you details this wkend about qualification in the Straight Pool (14-1) comp.

Cya this wkend, looking forward to it.

(IP Logged)

Date: August 04, 2004 10:22AM
Cheers Lads!

Cya there.

Paul McKay
(IP Logged)

Date: August 08, 2004 12:28AM
Hi

Went to this tournament, my very first one, with the expectation of getting dumped out in the first round. This expectation increased greatly when I found out I was playing Tam Talent, who came over from Scotland to play here. Well, I played well and managed to beat him, though was very lucky in the last rack. I don't think he played anywhere near his best though.

I returned to form nicely in round 2 (yeah right!) and got hammered by Brendan McDonagh. But I enjoyed my first tournament and would like to play a few more. I do feel that it should have perhaps started earlier in the day, as this would have allowed a group stage as the first round, which gives everyone much more value for their entry money.

So who won? My money would have been on Pat Holtz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here