joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
CHECK THIS OUT !!
Date: July 20, 2005 05:11PM
Sam & I just got back from a tournament in Scotland and we had a great time even though Sam got beat after winning his group.
This was the best players in Scotland and Pat Holts beat Michael Valentine in the finals 9-- 8. We have invited some of the guys over for the tournament on the 13 Aug . Actually Rob McKenna called club 9 tonight to confirm he would be playing and we are talking to a couple of others to.
We think this will be good to have new blood and players of this calibre to play. To be honest the amount of weekly in house tournaments we hold is breeding some real jam up ( great) players in club 9 and theres lots of action$$$ so Rob or Michael Valentine for that matter are in tough.
If anyone wants to play email info@club9belfast.co.uk
With the calcutta( players auction) & based on 32 players the payout can be 1000 or more.
Club 9 is unique as 80% of our trade or more is from serious players who are hooked on pool as opposed to 20% percent of people who are just part time users. Just about every day there is a competition or more often a money match, and always a friendly game to enjoy also.
The guys from Scotland are all gung ho to come over for the Scottish Irish cup that ronnie is holding I will definetly pop by to say hi & have a beer or 5 as im sure it will be a good event. I write a full page article every Thursday in the Andersons Town News Paper one of the biggest in belfast in which I promote the sport of American pool it reaches 90,000 readers weekly and in the next edition I will mention this forum and and the events like the Scottish Irish cup and hopefully this will help up the profile of the sport in general. If anybody has a story or some ideas for me to write to promote our sport just let me know.
Hope to see you at the tournament.

SHOOT POOL NOT PEOPLE!!?

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Re: CHECK THIS OUT !!
Date: July 22, 2005 03:56AM
PURE EXCELLENCE!!!

I'm glad to see that there's more continueing promotion of the sport or AMERICAN POOL and it's about time that all the tour players turned up to play in ALL tournaments cos if you're gonna play the game, there's no point in going at it at 1/2 speed!!!

all I say is make the most of it cos a few years back, there weren't any 9ball tournaments and now that we got 'em, we should ALL be going to play instead of having our pool cues as household ornaments!!!

Go on, you know you want to^_^

Take care everyone and I hope to see you ALL very soon.

Willie

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: July 22, 2005 09:39AM
Hey Willie did you see that article in last weeks paper about you
& the Hungarian hurricane.

devil
(IP Logged)

Date: July 22, 2005 01:02PM
Nice to meet up with you and Sam last week in Scotland at the US Open qualifier.

I know Rob is definitely coming over and I'm trying to arrange some travel too as it sounds like a great venue you have there.

Hope to speak with you very soon.

Pat

PS...I'm hoping to come over next weekend to the All Ireland 9 ball Championship to see if I can go one step further and lift the crown.
Will you and Sam be travelling over to Derry and If so can I get a lift if I fly into Belfast?

joeclub9matthews
(IP Logged)

Date: July 22, 2005 03:51PM
Hi Pat Joe here I don't know if Sam is playing Iwill get him to call you tomorrow but will see about getting you a lift as a couple of players from club 9 are probably going and I will fin out Mon night at the club and do my best & let you know either way. As far as coming over with Rob just mention to sam and he will fill you in on details ( very handy).

Well im new and dont have an ending like Tookster or the Snake so I'll say

SHOOT POOL,NOT PEOPLE !!

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: July 23, 2005 12:16AM
Nice one Pat^_^

I hope to see you there next Saturday, but this time I won't be taking it easy on you^_^

Seriously though, I can most definitely say with my hand on my heart that you'll love Club 9 as it's a REAL PLAYER'S club and the tables are championship quality.

I'm glad to hear that Rob will be making an appearance as well as your good self.

Take care everyone and it's good to hear from ya Pat.

Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here