Jim L
(IP Logged)

Is 9 Ball that easy?
Date: September 04, 2003 05:37PM
I’ve played snooker for years and am fairly new to 9-ball. I have found it easier than snooker. I was wondering am I correct in thinking its easier or are there parts of the game I should concentrate on to play pool competitively.

Thanks,

Jim

Steve
(IP Logged)

Re: Is 9 Ball that easy?
Date: October 04, 2003 04:38AM
Obviously potting is easier on an American pool table. Its 3 feet shorter than a snooker table and the pockets are bigger (but so are the balls). For me the difficulty in 9-ball comes in the positional play.

In snooker when there reds on the table, players often play for area position, where they know they’ll have a chance of more than one red. It gives them a margin of error. In 9-ball you have to play ball-position, which means you concentrate a lot more on cue ball control.

Jacko
(IP Logged)

Date: October 04, 2003 11:40AM
I agree with everything Steve said but would also add safety play. It amazes me how slack some of the top snooker pros are playing safe. When they are on the colours and don’t have a pot on, they often fail to snooker their opponent.

In nine ball you not only have to make sure a ball hits a rail but also make sure you leave the white as close to an impeding ball as possible. With some players being able to jump over a ball 2 inches away and others able to pot their way out of snookers using kicks, leaving a one cousin escape could loose you the game.

jacko.

Bill
(IP Logged)

Date: October 04, 2003 12:44PM
I'd like to add a point about position. A smaller table might make potting easier but it leaves a lot less room to thread the white through clusters of other balls.

Maestro
(IP Logged)

Date: December 30, 2003 11:25PM
Potting does seem easier on a 9ball table than on a snooker. The reason for that I believe is the pocket shape. The american 9ball pockets take the ball much easier on a rail shot than any other table I have come accross. Another possible reason is confidence: When I have a lot of confidence I pot very well on any table but on a 9ball table I seem to have alot more confidence in potting than any other table maybe it is because I know the pockets are bigger.

Regarding position: A lot of people play area position in 9ball aswell because they are so confidant in potting. The angle for the next shot don't need to be perfect.

michael jack mac laughlin
(IP Logged)

Date: January 22, 2004 07:21PM
its not easy at all,,it looks easy,,its abit like an easy looken woman,,until u try her,,ur potten away then u **** up when it cums? to the black ?then ur in bother,,but anyway any off u bithes out there up for a challenge match the mighty jack man here,,500 euro reply soon,,good luck,,no lady boys please,,ps mickey jack mac laughlin

gareth
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Date: January 23, 2004 09:55AM
Mickey Jack,

“ur potten away then u **** up when it cums? to the black ?then ur in bother”.

Wow! Now that’s some insight into the game. It seems that apart from being a great pool player, it looks like you have a way with women too.

You should become a BCA instructor.

Gareth.

Mark
(IP Logged)

Date: January 26, 2004 07:08PM
I wouldn't dare to claim to know as much about computers as Michael Jackson
here knows about pool but someone mentioned to me before
about there being some way of logging the IP address of his computer
and tracing it back to the source machine? Worst case scenario his
messages can be blocked; best case diddums' whiddle mommy can give
him a beating if its coming from his home. I would've suggested landing
him in trouble at work if it's an office machine but Michael ye don't sound
like you could be all that old and if by some small miracle, your Popness, ye
are in fact employed, judging by the truly brilliant and revolutionary content
of your messages ye won't need anyone's help in getting the sack.

Shamon Hee-hee,
Mark.

michael jack mac laughlin
(IP Logged)

Date: February 26, 2004 05:13PM
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

patman
(IP Logged)

Date: March 02, 2004 05:47AM
The older you get the worse you get! if you wana play pool contact me for lessons if you want.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here