Aaron the Yankee
(IP Logged)

Cheapish open-entry 8-ball tourneys in Dublin
Date: June 22, 2005 08:55AM
Cheers everyone... I'm an american in Dublin on business. I'm wondering if there are any open-entry 8-ball (or even 9-ball) tourneys in Dublin. I noticed the 9-ball invitational on 25-Jun, but 100euro is a lot more than I'd want to wager, what with my minimal skills (and budget).

I would be interested in something a little more laid back, like 10euro per person...and maybe a quick tourney format, perhaps a race to 3 racks. Back in the states, we have these sorts of friendly, cheap-entry-fee tourneys all the time, in many local pubs. Does anyone know of any similar tourneys here in Dublin, or elsewhere in Ireland? If not, is anyone interested in organizing one?

I'm itchin' to play! I think the beauty of the less expensive tourneys is that those players who can't afford the bigger tourneys can still get that competitive tournament experience. Your thoughts, please!

- Aaron

JoeytheSnake
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/03/2007
Re: Cheapish open-entry 8-ball tourneys in Dublin
Date: June 22, 2005 09:38AM
Hi Aaron, and welcome. How long are you here for?

Joe

Aaron the Yankee
(IP Logged)

Date: June 22, 2005 10:33AM
I'll be in Dublin at least until July 16th...perhaps up to a month longer...

- Aaron

Willie 'The Wizard' Dines
(IP Logged)

Date: June 22, 2005 12:41PM
Hey Aaron, Welcome to Ireland buddy^_^

I guess that mybe the guys there in Dublin that play on the tour could maybe be able to get a little 8ball action for ya, like a side tournament or maybe a money game, but it's entirely up to them^_^, if you wanted to, there a big tournament in belfast that's coming up next saturday and I know that some of the guy at the event on the 25th will be going and it may be possible to travell up here with the guys, but again it would be entirely up to them^_^

I really hope that you can get a chance to get some action and I gota suspicion that you play in tournaments back home otherwise you wouldn't be looking to play^_^

Anyway, it's good to meet you buddy and I hope that everything works out for ya and good luck with the buisness thing too^_^

Take care^_^
Willie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here